• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I picked up this Batman piece at the Big Apple Show.

17 posts in this topic

As soon as I saw it I had to have it. Its by GW Fisher. I never even heard of the guy before.

WHAT?!?!?! I bet for what you paid for that you could have won the auction on ebay for the tip of Batman's cape by Jim Lee. PM me so I can educate you in art appreciation(I'm talkin monetary) stooges.gif

But seriously, buy the art, not the artist. GREAT piece.

Mike

As soon as I saw it I had to have it. Its by GW Fisher. I never even heard of the guy before.

WHAT?!?!?! I bet for what you paid for that you could have won the auction on ebay for the tip of Batman's cape by Jim Lee. PM me so I can educate you in art appreciation(I'm talkin monetary) stooges.gif

Mike

Without a doubt. I always buy what I like not just to get.

As soon as i saw it there was no doubt about me buying it.

By the way it was 65.00 plus the guy gave me a 10.00 poster for my 5 year old daughter of the Teen Titans.

Great guy!

I have about 30 Batman sketches that I have been picking up since 1990.

My first was from Neal Adams. I was on a line and there was a book where you signed in your name and how much you wanted to spend. i saw everyone was spending $15.00 and $20.00. I gave him $65.00. When I got there and he saw how much I gave he looked me up and down like I was crazy.

Here it is my Neal Adams piece from 1990 for $65.00

BatmanNealAdamsArt.jpg

geez...seems a bit loose if you were spending so much more than everyone else. He may have been amazed that you were spending so much, but it doesn't look like any of that amazement translated into an attention to detail on his end. I wonder what the OTHER sketches looked like!

Paying an artist, a little bit more does have its benefits. I just paid a guy $45 for a commission he was charging $35 for. He is sending me an acetate painting as well. It's helps to let these guys know that they are appreciated and not treat them like they are art manufacturing machines. IMHO.

geez...seems a bit loose if you were spending so much more than everyone else. He may have been amazed that you were spending so much, but it doesn't look like any of that amazement translated into an attention to detail on his end. I wonder what the OTHER sketches looked like!

I agree. At that time it was a good amount of money. I thought I would get something better. I think the $15-20.00 drawings were stick figures? 27_laughing.gif

Mike

Without a doubt. I always buy what I like not just to get.

As soon as i saw it there was no doubt about me buying it.

By the way it was 65.00 plus the guy gave me a 10.00 poster for my 5 year old daughter of the Teen Titans.

Great guy!

I have about 30 Batman sketches that I have been picking up since 1990.

My first was from Neal Adams. I was on a line and there was a book where you signed in your name and how much you wanted to spend. i saw everyone was spending $15.00 and $20.00. I gave him $65.00. When I got there and he saw how much I gave he looked me up and down like I was crazy.

Here it is my Neal Adams piece from 1990 for $65.00

BatmanNealAdamsArt.jpg

Nice piece! thumbsup2.gif

Wish Byrne would do something like that! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif