• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INFINITE CRISIS #6 DISCUSSION (Spoilers!)

40 posts in this topic

"Touchdown"

Earth.

Earth-1 to be exact. The late Ted Kord's "Bug" leaves the planet's atmosphere. Green Arrow is surprised at Hal Jordan's casual attitude as they stare at the multitude of Earths in front of them. Hal's whistling "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" because baseball season starts the following week, and he asks Ollie if he would like to join him and Guy Gardner at a Yankee game. Ollie says he'll buy the crackerjacks. Meanwhile, Green Lantern John Stewart's ring is going haywire... seems it is afraid of the new Blue Beetle. Speaking of the new BB, the kid is nervous, but Booster reminds him that he must keep his eyes peeled ahead to find the Brother Eye satellite. Batman tells Jaime to calm down when suddenly his senses go wild and he sees the satellite ahead. The Scarab tells him he can negate the satellite's vibrational frequency, which he does... and the satellite appears before them. As do an army of OMACs. Brother Eye tells Batman he is remapping the multiverse for the one who gave him life... Alex Luthor. Batman orders the Green Lanterns outside to protect the ship.

On Earth-2 Superman-2 weeps for his lost love and for his own folly. Superman-1 consoles him and the two clasp their hands together and all is forgiven. Wonder Woman can't believe Superman-2 would have given up one earth for another. Superman-2 is shocked at their faith in their world, but it gives him renewed vigor. They must get back to Earth-1... but which one is Earth-1... there are too many... and as the multiverse expands the universe weakens. There will be a new big bang and everything will be destroyed if Alex is not stopped.

We see shots of the various earths... we see Earth-S (Marvel family), Earth-97 (the Tangent universe!), Earth-247 (the Legion), Earth-898 (the western heroes), Earth-0 (Bizarro earth), Earth-154 (home of Batman and Superman and their Super Sons), Earth-462 (home of the Cathy Lee Crosby TV movie Wonder Woman and a Wonder Girl that looks like the tv version).

Alex's hands grab two earths and take them to the hole in the universe near the Rann-Thanagar conflict. He smashes them together and they merge to form a new reality.

On Earth-1 Psycho-Pirate asks if Alex has found "it" yet. On the viewscreen he sees a new earth with Aztec (or is it Incan) versions of the Batman family fighting the Superman family. "No" Alex says. P-P says he feels billions dying as Alex casts the worlds away... Alex doesn't care. He planted the garden... he has every right to tend to it.

On Earth-1 at Stonehenge, the mystical heroes gather together and summon the Spectre. Crispus Allen appears, then the Spectre. The Phantom Stranger appeals to him for aid, but the Spectre has other plans. He singles out Star Sapphire and destroys her from within... vengeance must be had. They've made a terrible mistake summoning the Spectre.

As Nightwing and Superboy prepare to invade Alex's stronghold they are joined by Wonder Girl. The OMACs guard the citadel... and they target the young heroes... coincidentally or not, these three heroes are the legacy of the fallen Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman. Will they succeed where their mentors have so obviously failed?

Speaking of mentors, Batman and his team infiltrate the Brother Eye satellite. Booster and Blue Beetle are ordered to stay with the ship. Sasha Bordeaux is ordered to link her computer brain with Oracle's network and download viruses into Brother Eye. Black Lightning is ordered to fry the rogue computer's memory banks. Black Canary is to use her scream to bline the satellite's surveillance systems. Green Arrow asks what he should do? He doesn't really have any useful abilities. Batman says he asked him just to see if he would show up. Ollie is tickled... "the brave and the bold, huh? You got me all misty."

Black Lightning and Mr. Terrific are almost stopped by the defense systems. Mr. T is immune to Brother Eye's surveillance systems, but BL fries the attacking wires.

As the young heroes fight on, Alex grabs Earth-2 and Earth-3 (his own homeworld). Ion and Donna Troy sense that something bad is going to happen and Ion leads the heroes towards the space rift. Alex is busy merging his father with Superman-2, and Superman-1 with Ultraman, and Wonder Woman with Superwoman. Firestorm (with help from Professor Stein) attacks one of Alex's giant hands... hurting him and stopping the merge.

In space, some of the heroes (like Hawkgirl) have disappeared.

Alex gets ready to start again when Nightwing kicks him and he falls to the ground. Superboy and Wonder Girl have succeeded and freed the imprisoned heroes and Power Girl leads the charge. Black Adam brutally murders the Psycho-Pirate.

Nightwing doesn't know how to shut down Alex's machines, Wonder Girl wants to tear the tower apart when Conner sees something... He's back. Superboy-Prime has arrived! Black Adam's blows do little damage and he hits Adam so hard that when he escapes the atmosphere he is sucked back to Earth-S. Superboy-Prime doesn't understand why he hasn't been returned to his own earth. Alex says it's probably because he has been changed at the core. Superboy-Prime explains his new harness... it is a solar energy collector modelled after the Anti-Monitor's armour used to harness the energies from a yellow sun. The Flashes had him impisoned for years on a world with a red sun. Superboy orders Alex to find his world. The Martian Manhunter attacks!

Nightwing and Conner start taking the tower apart while the escaped heroes fight Superboy. Nightshade imprisons Superboy in darkness, which leads to the crazed hero to go nuts. His escape does something odd to the other heroes (perhaps they are transported back to their own worlds?). Martian Manhunter remains.

As the Green Lanterns fight on, Batman makes it to the control room of the Brother Eye satellite. Batman gets to work while the satellite taunts him.

As the OMACs attack Wonder Girl, Conner loses his focus. Superboy-Prime attacks and is about to kill Nightwing when Conner comes back. Time for Round Two in the battle of Superboys.

Batman tells the satellite that it's over. "Invisible" Mr. Terrific has launched the satellite's propulsion system. It has begun it's descent into the atmosphere which will tear it apart. Brother Eye will not let Batman leave. The OMAC shells are disintegrating, so John Stewart begins saving the people in them. All of the heroes but Batman are back at the Beetle, so they launch the ship. Hal Jordan enters the satellite and frees Batman. Brother Eye is dead.

Batman asks Hal to fly him to where Superman's old fortress used to be.

At the fortress the OMACs are all defeated. Wonder Girl and Conner are not having much luck against Superboy. Alex looks for Earth Prime. Instead he sees someone he wasn't expecting and he reaches for him...

...Wonder Girl is sent sprawling. Conner attacks over and over with little effect. Superboy hits him with heat vision. He breaks his hand. But Conner is determined and flys Superboy into the tower. Their impact destroys the tower.

As the tower crumbles we see Nightwing... Wonder Girl.... Conner... the machine shatters... and all of the earths fold back into one another until only one planet remains.

New Earth.

Nightwing and Cassie/Wonder Girl dig thru the rubble looking for Conner Kent. Cassie finds him.

Conner Kent/Superboy...."He said I wasn't the real Superboy...>kff<.... he was wrong."

"I just forgot for a little while"

"We all forgot... don't let them forget again."

Cassie: "Just hang in there, okay?"

"You did it, Conner. You save the earth. You saved everyone."

Conner: "I know, Cass."

"Isn't it cool?"

Conner Kent. Superboy. A clone forged from the DNA of Superman and his worst enemy Lex Luthor.... dies.

As Cassie weeps, holding his dead body... Nightwing, Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman and Superman-2 look on in dismay.

TO BE CONCLUDED.

Who did Alex Luthor see before he was destroyed?

"Touchdown"

Alex looks for Earth Prime. Instead he sees someone he wasn't expecting and he reaches for him...

Im reading that differently

I see it as Alex talking slowly looking like Willam Shatner Looking for earth prime asking where are you! I think he is just sorting through earths not finding anything special!

Then his last word would have been "You?"

Not a focused intent look of "You." like he had found something specific.

(we do have this little thing called punctuation which can change the meaning of words and phrases)

One thing I think it might mean is that Alex has focused intently on YOU... as in YOU --- THE READER OF INFINITE CRISIS #6.

We live on Earth-Prime, so he found us.... deep.

Paging Kevin Boyd for one of his fantastic summaries! I enjoy reading his posts on these comics almost as much as reading the comics themselves!

Has anyone read my first Overstreet market report yet? (It's on page 82). I'm kind of hesitant to re-read it so many months after I wrote it.

Who did Alex Luthor see before he was destroyed?

I think he was talking to the two Superboy's because both of them were hauling [embarrassing lack of self control].

OH MY GOD, when Black Adam kills Psycho Pirate.......holy 893censored-thumb.gif

Awesome issue, SWEET

Green Arrow asks what he should do? He doesn't really have any useful abilities. Batman says he asked him just to see if he would show up. Ollie is tickled... "the brave and the bold, huh? You got me all misty."

I loved those few panels. Brought back the memories.

In OMAC Project Infinite Crisis Special we learn that the Society of Super-Villains are attacking Metropolis in full force!

The Society is the last of the major threats that has not been dealt with.

Paging Kevin Boyd for one of his fantastic summaries! I enjoy reading his posts on these comics almost as much as reading the comics themselves!

Has anyone read my first Overstreet market report yet? (It's on page 82). I'm kind of hesitant to re-read it so many months after I wrote it.

I'll be working my way through them today. thumbsup2.gif

Then his last word would have been "You?"

Not a focused intent look of "You." like he had found something specific.

(we do have this little thing called punctuation which can change the meaning of words and phrases)

One thing I think it might mean is that Alex has focused intently on YOU... as in YOU --- THE READER OF INFINITE CRISIS #6.

We live on Earth-Prime, so he found us.... deep.

I 'm thinking he was looking and as he was asking question he found what he was looking for and the You instead of bwing a question turned into a statement.

that just my opinion

Then doesn't the YOU mean he found Earth-Prime since that was what he was looking for? As I mentioned before, Earth-Prime is our earth, the home of DC Comics and it's readers.

My bad.... Needed more coffee before I wrote that