• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 on Ebay

46 posts in this topic

$47,035.00 Takes it.

Edit: So does that mean that an unrestored version of this book at 7.0 is worth approximately 94K?

Edit(again): Sorry about that, looked at the description again its a 5.0. Man, that seems freaky. Anyone got guide on this in 5.0?

Not a bad deal on a clean - if moderately restored - copy of the mother of all books. Not my bag, but certainly not an everyday piece of pulp.

Shep

Wonder if it got a pre-movie boost? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think its a good deal cause zaq was willing to pay only a thousand less...

cheaper than paying the markup would have been....

Huh? confused.gif

Maybe one nEeds To know who the gloRious zaq is tO understand this statement.

I think its a good deal cause zaq was willing to pay only a thousand less...

cheaper than paying the markup would have been....

Huh? confused.gif

Maybe one nEeds To know who the gloRious zaq is tO understand this statement.

I GOT IT ! I GOT IT !! - Blazzing Saddles...

Actually, I've been to several comic book auctions here on Long Island and I've seen both Metro and Steve Ritter pay ALOT more for quality stock than I ever expected a dealer to pay.

They are willing to shell it out and work on a profit margin that is a far cry from what people who bad-mouth comic book dealers as shysters stealing from old ladies would ever give them credit for.

Their willingness to pay for good material at these shows outstrips the finances of many of the collectors who attend these auctions, and certainly puts someone like me out of the running (someone like me being 'can I double my outlay reselling on ebay?') every time.

$47,035.00 Takes it.

Edit: So does that mean that an unrestored version of this book at 7.0 is worth approximately 94K?

Edit(again): Sorry about that, looked at the description again its a 5.0. Man, that seems freaky. Anyone got guide on this in 5.0?

I can't believe judeloo wasn't in the bidder's list. Is his computer down? tongue.gif

BTW, is it just me or does this book look much better than a 5.0? Granted it's not a huge scan, but I've seen worse looking GA 8.0s. confused.gif

97_3.JPG