• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Critique My Site: ComicSeeker.com

56 posts in this topic

Been on this board for about 2 weeks, back in the hobby for a little over a year. So, if this has already been tried, please let me know.

After my first post here, I got to thinking about my problem, having to visit 10 different dealer sites to find one book. I wanted a single search engine that would check all the sites and return results like Google.

Ok, that's a pipe dream, but I did build a poor mans version of an Internet Comic Book Search Engine.

Site Objectives:

1. Help me (and you) find the books you crave

2. Promote my ebay sales (assuming I get traffic to the site)

I have so many quesitons:

- Has this been done before

- Is it useful for you

- What would you do differently

- How can I improve it

- How do I promote it

- 893blahblah.gif

The front door isn't open, so here is a link to test it:

http://www.comicseeker.com/beta.asp

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Your site is incredible! I typed in Green Lantern #13 and it gave me all the ebay results. If I wanted to search other sites like Comiclink or Metro they were right there on the left. Very impressive.

Great idea thumbsup2.gif

Maybe adding some Boolean logic, or the use if the "+" and "-" in the search fields would be a good idea. I got almost 2000 hits for Amazing Spider-man #1...

Great idea thumbsup2.gif

Maybe adding some Boolean logic, or the use if the "+" and "-" in the search fields would be a good idea. I got almost 2000 hits for Amazing Spider-man #1...

893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, it's very cool. Would love it if you'd add my site to the left column. shy.gif

I checked your site last night, but it doesn't have a search engine. So, for now, I can't add it because my site essentially uses the other sites search engine to return results. (However, I could add a links page, afterall, the primary objective here is to help people find the books they want.)

Yes, it needs some fine tuning, which I'll deal with tonight. Some of the sites aren't working, like Harley Yee.

Boolean logic? confused-smiley-013.gif

Perhaps one day, I'm not a programmer.

I checked your site last night, but it doesn't have a search engine. So, for now, I can't add it because my site essentially uses the other sites search engine to return results.

foreheadslap.gif That makes perfect sense.

Very cool site. I would definitely use it on a regular basis. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the great comments. I'm going to get started adding another site or two right now and try to work out some of the bugs. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Awesome site!!!

On another note, I am looking for someone to design an eComm site for me. Of course it will be a comic site!!!

After seeing this display of your powers, would this be something that you would consider doing???

If so PM me and we can talk.

Thanks!

John thumbsup2.gif

Great site. What about adding a grade filter, so people who only buy NM's. for instance, don't have to waid through dolgoff's fr/pr issues.

Yea but by who's NM would it sort by????confused-smiley-013.gif

Mile high's, of course .... is there any better representative of spot on NM grading out there? I think not... yeahok.gif

very cool site. Aside from grades to shoot for, All I can think to add would be to see ALL the hits at once so we can compare them. I know thats a tall order since as it stands, we get a window in a window of each site, not the distilled data we searched for... but, whatever. Very useful!