• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maxim's Lamest Superheroes

5 posts in this topic

I don't know if any of you have read the latest Maxim magazine but there's an write up on who they deem the 25 lamest superheroes ever. Since we been writing about this and our own opinions I thought it was quite funny...

The top 10:

10. Superman

9. Captain Planet

8. Apache Chief

7. Dr. Henry Pym

6. Banshee

5. Dazzler

4. Matter Eater Lad

3. Dr. Strange

2. Aquaman ("Why so lame: I'm trapped in ...friggin'...tuna net again. Swordfish! Hear and obey! Stop laughing and cut me loose!") 27_laughing.gif

1. Robin

Maxim has some funny writers! 893Funny-thumb.gif

Let's don't forget:

--> Speedball

--> Omega the Unknown

--> Nova

--> Invisible Girl (deep in your heart, you know it's true)

--> Wonder Man

--> Hawkeye (puh-leez) 27_laughing.gif

--> (Golden Age) Manhunter

--> Elongated Man (also special prize for lamest civilian name: Ralph Dibney [if I'm remembering right])

Apache Chief was a comic title or enemy of Jonah Hex, et al? confused.gif

Apache Chief was on the "Superfriends" tv show. He was an American Indian (obviously), and reeeally dressed the part (the word "cliche" comes to mind). His power was to "grow big"... until one unfortunate day when he spilled some hot coffee in his lap and he couldn't "grow big" any longer. (Whoa! A dangerously devised double pun!)

I don't know if any of you have read the latest Maxim magazine but there's an write up on who they deem the 25 lamest superheroes ever. Since we been writing about this and our own opinions I thought it was quite funny...

The top 10:

10. Superman

9. Captain Planet

8. Apache Chief

7. Dr. Henry Pym

6. Banshee

5. Dazzler

4. Matter Eater Lad

3. Dr. Strange

2. Aquaman ("Why so lame: I'm trapped in ...friggin'...tuna net again. Swordfish! Hear and obey! Stop laughing and cut me loose!") 27_laughing.gif

1. Robin

Maxim has some funny writers! 893Funny-thumb.gif

These guys need to get a life. How is Robin the number one lamest character of all time. They have been watching to many 60's reruns. Robin [!@#%^&^] all over the foggey's and the olsen's.

I hope they never go to Bludhaven.