• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic stores in San Diego, CA?

13 posts in this topic

I'll be in San Diego the weekend of May 5th for Tiki Oasis. I'll also have some free time while the wife is working. Any good shops in the San Diego area? I'm mostly interested in DC silver and gold along with gold GGA.

Yeah, So Cal. Comics is primo. I shop there. They're in the process of buying product from another store in the area that recently when out of business.

Which store went out of business? confused-smiley-013.gif

Technically, I should correct myself. I don't think they (Comic City off of Mission Gorge) have completely closed the doors yet, but as of last Wednesday I heard they're comic fire sale was in full effect. Whoops, better not mention "fire" and "comic" in the same sentence.

They are most definitely going out of business. It sucks, because I went to their store a few times and they had a nice setup. So. Cal. is just a little closer to me and they've got cool people running the place.

Try Southern California Comics. They usually set up at the SD con and have some nice stuff. Here's a link to their site...

socalcomics

I sold a ton of stuff to them last year at SD. They have some good books and they are nice guys and are easy to deal with. One of the guys (I think his name is Jamie) is an ex-cop.

San Diego Comics on El Cajon Blvd has one of the nicest store owners around in Greg Pharis (last name spelling?). He has been around for a long time and is a true comic fan. Not a huge selection of back issues like So Cal though.

By the way, does anyone from the San Diego area remember a small mom & pop store in downtown called House of Comics? I remember that place fondly as a kid seeing all those cool books like Spider #1, FF#1 taped up to the display walls.