• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big comic collection stolen

161 posts in this topic

From Scoop:

A large comic book collection has recently been stolen from the home of a collector in Keystone, Florida. The collection was taken from the collectors home and was the 25 year collection of collector Christopher McMonigle who began collection at the age of five. The collection was stored in 25 comic long boxes each holding approximately 300 books.

If you have any information please contact First Coast Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.

Scoop article

I know this is a little off topic but later on I will be posting in the Selling forum a few books.

Recently my grandfather gave me a large comic book collection. His collection spans 25 years and he started at the age of five. The collection is stored in 25 comic long boxes each holding approximately 300 books so it will take me awhile to sort and scan.

Ubie X devil.gif

I know this is a little off topic but later on I will be posting in the Selling forum a few books.

Recently my grandfather gave me a large comic book collection. His collection spans 25 years and he started at the age of five. The collection is stored in 25 comic long boxes each holding approximately 300 books so it will take me awhile to sort and scan.

Ubie X devil.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Well, he tempted me. What was I to do?

Oh well, firstly, what the heck is up with anyone letting anyone in the house only to get stolen from, or not locking doors.

Lock doors, and keep the comics out of sight.

Yeah, late night, no one won't care.

But like I say, who the hell dosen't lock their doors for vacation? makepoint.gif

(This assuming that he left something unlocked)

How the hell do you rip off 25 LBoxes and nobody sees a thing

Late night, owner on vacation confused-smiley-013.gif

So a couple of guys are driving around late night and out of the blue pick a house while the owner of the home is on vacation and randomly find 25 long boxes of comics by chance 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

So a couple of guys are driving around late night and out of the blue pick a house while the owner of the home is on vacation and randomly find 25 long boxes of comics by chance 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

Alright dammit.....I did it devil.gif

yeahok.gif

gossip.gif They knew the guy, but most likely the guy either trusted them, or else he dosen't know them.

Ubie X devil.gif

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

loved it!

yeahok.gif

You weren't suppose to tell! We was in this together you fooL!

yeahok.gif

I know, I know...but I was under PRESSURE makepoint.gif

yeahok.gif

I know, I know...but I was under PRESSURE makepoint.gif

Oh well, you have the collection in your hands, see you in jail. cloud9.gif

As for me I got off scotch free. acclaim.gif