• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are GA DC Books So Cheap?

25 posts in this topic

Trying to show some restraint here, its tough. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Let me chew on this for a day or so but I suspect it will be BIN'd shortly. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Why don't you just make an offer to him directly? If he doesn't have to pay the CL juice, perhaps you could get it for less. gossip.gif

Or would that be unethical? It's so cloudy these days with what's okay and what's not. confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gif

Why don't you just make an offer to him directly? If he doesn't have to pay the CL juice, perhaps you could get it for less. gossip.gif

Or would that be unethical? It's so cloudy these days with what's okay and what's not. confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gif

I guess I could. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not a DC collector so someone please esplain me. Case in point:

I dunno if I would call any VG- for $275 cheap. It's probably priced over guide. confused.gif

Maybe your so used to utterly insane Timely prices that this seems inexpensive to you. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not a DC collector so someone please esplain me. Case in point:

I dunno if I would call any VG- for $275 cheap. It's probably priced over guide. confused.gif

Maybe your so used to utterly insane Timely prices that this seems inexpensive to you. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yup, I probably would have owned the first 50 Marvel Mystery books by now if they were this cheap. You could put together a nice run at $250-$275 a pop.

Low to mid--grade GA DCs are plentiful. With an unlimited credit card and a cell phone you could probably put a low grade Superman, Action, or Batman run from 1938 to 1955 together in about a week

Low to mid--grade GA DCs are plentiful. With an unlimited credit card and a cell phone you could probably put a low grade Superman, Action, or Batman run from 1938 to 1955 together in about a week

Yup. Well, 1939 to 1955, anyway.

The other main problem is that the runs are so huge and daunting to those without an unlimited credit card, that the desire to collect is reduced. $275 may seem cheap, but if you need to get another 100+ issues at around the same price (and that's without getting to the early keys), it's easy to decide to collect something else.

Is it really that easy to put runs of Superman and Action together, particularly the Actions without Superman on the covers? I guess I just never see big runs of Action or Superman being offered the way I see Batman runs (which seems to be all the time).

Is it really that easy to put runs of Superman and Action together, particularly the Actions without Superman on the covers? I guess I just never see big runs of Action or Superman being offered the way I see Batman runs (which seems to be all the time).

Yes I was surprised by that comment a little bit. At a show this weekend, some dealers had multiple copies of a few Batmans but Supes were less common.

I guess I could. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yes I was surprised by that comment a little bit. At a show this weekend, some dealers had multiple copies of a few Batmans but Supes were less common.

I don't think an Action run could be put together in a week. When I was completing 52-63, it surprised me how many dealers had a number of issues between 30 & 50, and then again between 70 & 100, but very little between 50 & 70. Anyone working on the Action war covers knows that some issues don't seem to come up very often.

I could probably put together an action run from 1-25 in a week. It is just a matter of where to look and money. Now, a Detective run 1-27, nope that would be too difficult. Now, this doesn't mean some of the books wouldn't be beaters and restored. But it could be done. In a lot of ways, a Superman 1-25 would be more difficult than the action. In my opinion.