• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Comic Scandal!

210 posts in this topic

but I don't like to ram my opinions down the muzzle of other people I respect...especially when it comes to things I am no expert on or things in which so few facts have come to light.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The irony runs deep on here.

If you actually adhered to your "policy" you would never have posted. gossip.gif

Ze, no worries. We probably disagree though politely. I don't want people to have to check the clock to see if they can go places in this free society.

Sure if it were my daughter or wife once things calmed down, behind closed doors I might ask them "what were you thinking going to that place at that time?"

But that doesn't shift blame to the victim, it's more on the lines of avoiding situations.

People try to paint me a certain way....

......says the man standing in the corner with brush in hand and wet paint as far as the eye can see.

but I don't like to ram my opinions down the muzzle of other people I respect...especially when it comes to things I am no expert on or things in which so few facts have come to light.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The irony runs deep on here.

If you actually adhered to your "policy" you would never have posted. gossip.gif

It's quite a difference between offering the opinion once and doing it repeatedly...with name-calling...with personal attacks...with tasteless jokes about family members...all under the guise of "having fun".

And notice this part:

ram my opinions down the muzzle of other people I respect

my law firm made us take a six hour seminar to train us how to not sexually harass

Our engineering firm did a similar thing a few months back. I always figured that if I kept my nose clean, then I wouldn't have to worry about situations like this in the workplace. However, they do specifically say that if you notice any wrong doing withing the office, and fail to report the incident to your boss or company hotline, then you could be repremended as well. This is also true if a subordinate confides this information in you, and asks that you not reveal it to anyone.

They defined sexual harassment not only as physical contact, but in a lot of other forms as well..........such as explicit calendards (sports illustrated swimsuits, etc.), lude jokes, and even minor innuendos. I do think that some of the things they mentioned bordered on the extreme, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

“Ken” referred to in the statement by Soma is Ken Lillie-Paetz of Monkey Pharmacy Productions, with whom Soma reportedly shares a relationship, and shared one with at the time of the incident (Lillie-Paetz was reportedly "telling those who would listen that he and Soma were having an 'affair' at this past weekend's Toronto Comic-Con"). The date of the incident, according to the police report was November 26th, with the incident itself occurring at 3:00 am.

By dubbing it an "AFFAIR" is it safe to assume that he is married?

Nice trustworthy witness foreheadslap.gif

Ze-

In December this was posted on Buzzscope by Ronee Garcia Bourgeois .

There is a certain group within our industry. A fine upstanding group which works diligently to help creators in need. The current leader of this organization however, is an alleged pervert.I am talking the creepy older next door neighbor who undresses you with his eyes type and tries to get you to sit on his lap and talk about whatever comes up. Which is usually not all that much quite frankly.

This man recently took that creepiness too far. To the point of assault. The victim being this creator I spoke of earlier. Who made a police report on the incident. And then with her witness went straight to the organization asking for this man to be removed from his post. To which this group offered a donation to be made to a “chick charity” (my word not theirs) and a brief suspension of this man from the position. This was not what this woman wanted. All she asked for was his dismissal so that he would not use his position to hurt another.

WOW, it appears that Ronee seems to have an already formed opinion for the alleged perp and was just looking for a chance to voice it. It appears this guy really has a way of rubbing the ladies the wrong way.(pun intended) I was also wondering where the money came from when CBLDF made the donation to the"Chick Charity"? Was that also taken from contributions intended for other use?

Plus how is firing him going to stop him from hurting other people? Got to court if that is your intention. He was not woking when he allegedly hurt her was he? Or is it because he has a position of power, and if not for that position she would probably not have even even been talking to him? If she was so hellbent on getting him fired, why did she not press charges?

This whole thing cracks me up the more I read about it.

On the flip side I found this comment fromColeen Doran LINK on the CBR article.

"Moreover, while Ms. Soma did contact me for advice, she did not write to me to disclose anything like the entire story and I came to all the wrong conclusions based on incomplete information, including the identity of the perpetrator, for which I have deep regrets. I am deeply shamed to have suspected and spent months harboring ill thoughts toward a good and decent man. I only found out the true details of the incident later.

I have contacted my attorney with all the details of this matter at my disposal, and based on his advice will not comment further. I recuse myself from these public proceedings.

This is a legal matter that belongs in a court of law.

colleen[/b]"

Plus this on her own BLOG LINK makes me scratch my head.

Newsarama has the sorry story.

Oh well, I guess everything’s out in the open now.

I sincerely doubt this case is going anywhere.

My father is a former police chief. My brother is a policeman. My grandfather is a former deputy sheriff.

The police (read COURTS) DO file charges when perpetrators are across state lines. They do not extradite for misdemeanors. Had there been a willingness on the part of the complainant to press charges, and a witness who did more than stand around a corner while the complainant was interviewed, charges would have been filed had there been a case. They were not.

In February of this year, the witness, Ken Lillie Paetz, and Charles Brownstein stood at my table at the New York Comic Con, and had a friendly, 20 minute conversation with me, talking comics and other inconsequentials in a perfectly normal manner in front of dozens of witnesses. Mr Paetz had discussed the Mid Ohio Con incident with me earlier in the day and expressed his regret that things had “gone so far” and “gotten so out of hand” with the reporting on the story, and that he hoped Ms. Soma would let it all go, but that he would “stand by her”.

If Mr. Paetz believed Mr. Brownstein was a sexual predator who was a danger to his girlfriend or anyone else for that matter, I can’t imagine why on Earth he would have carried on this cordial discussion that ended in a warm handshake with Brownstein mere months after the alleged incident.

Moreover, since Ms. Soma’s primary intention is to “make sure (Brownstein) never works in this business again” I am afraid even the Supreme Court does not have the power to grant her wish to have him blacklisted.

It does not appear, on the other hand, that Brownstein attempted to have her blacklisted, nor, as I said before, does he have the power to do so.

c[/b]

Is she talking about Brownstein, or another guy when she says she was misinformed originally??? Who was named originally?

The water is muddy is ya ask me.

Ze-

Dirty mud caked crystal?

Sorry I am not in the know, just looking at the inside through a dirty window. shy.gif

Ze-