• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theme collecting....I need help

11 posts in this topic

Well after getting Haunt of Fear #15 it has inspired me to collect a theme. Im thinking of going after Funeral Home, Morgue, Mortician, Funeral type covers. So I have 2 so far 27_laughing.gif In looking at the rest of the EC covers there is 3 more I can get by my standards. Do any of you guys have suggestions as to other companies (pre-code only) that fit the bill ? Pics would be awesome but a title and ish # will do as well. Thanks !

haunt15VC.jpg

-

chills245med.jpg

Some further EC examples of books I need for the collection...

-

784_4_06.jpg

-

12404_4_024.jpg

-

760_4_18.jpg

Do any of you guys have suggestions as to other companies (pre-code only) that fit the bill ? Pics would be awesome but a title and ish # will do as well. Thanks !

You could browse through either of the two excellent pre-code horror threads here for some examples. hi.gif

Gerber photo journals are a great source, too. thumbsup2.gif

There are some more recent covers that match your death theme. This 1 is based on the House of Hammer UK film "Frankenstein created Woman". The babe on the right is supposed to be undead:

cinema12.jpg

>If you're looking for Golden Age covers with a casket or graveyard on the cover, >you'll have many, many covers to choose from!

I was looking for more specifically a funeral type cover not just a graveyard scene or I would be broke before I started 27_laughing.gif. The Journey that was posted is exactly what Im talkin' about. Thanks for the replies guys.

The Journey that was posted is exactly what Im talkin' about.
wink.gif

It was the first thing that came to my mind when I read your post.