• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Unpaid Item Question

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I just filed my first eBay unpaid item dispute tonight. What normally happens from here? Does this typically prompt the buyer to pay or should I just hope for the seller fee refund?

Hey guys,

I just filed my first eBay unpaid item dispute tonight. What normally happens from here? Does this typically prompt the buyer to pay or should I just hope for the seller fee refund?

It really depends on the buyer. Ebay gives the buyer I think 7 days to complete the transaction, if still no payment then you can apply for the final value fee and block him as a future bidder and give him a negative if you wish.

Hey guys,

It really depends on the buyer. Ebay gives the buyer I think 7 days to complete the transaction, if still no payment then you can apply for the final value fee and block him as a future bidder and give him a negative if you wish.

Do they still have the opportunity to reciprocate with a negative?

Hey guys,

yes

Hey guys,

Not with the current rules. Ebay changed it late last year. If the buyer does not respond to the NPB alert, they can't really leave a negative. They can physically leave a negative but eBay will change it to a generic message and it won't count against you. I've seen it before. gossip.gif

<<Ebay gives the buyer I think 7 days to complete the transaction...>>

I think it's more like... 30 days? Better check with the eBay help page on that.

You can close it after 7 days and get your fees back at that time.

Hey guys,

Not with the current rules. Ebay changed it late last year. If the buyer does not respond to the NPB alert, they can't really leave a negative. They can physically leave a negative but eBay will change it to a generic message and it won't count against you. I've seen it before. gossip.gif

I've never seen that before...could you provide an ebay link for that one confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey guys,

I've never seen that before...could you provide an ebay link for that one confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah - if anyone has a link of this type of feedback that would be cool.

IIRC, they can leave the feedback, but there's a notation by eBay that the feedback doesn't count. I had a NPB, filed a dispute to get my FVF back, then he paid. He later left positive feedback for the transaction, but it didn't end up counting. I looked at my feedback, but couldn't find the notation.