• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jgreen7472 strikes again

13 posts in this topic

As some of you know, Showcase New England had a huge run of CGC'd X-men on eBay . As I was repeatedly outbid on some of the later X-men, I noticed jgreen7472 was the higher bidder. Obviously, he is using snipe software and ,once again, every auction he bids on is from Showcase New England. Did anybody find out the real deal with this buyer? I was just wondering if it is possible that Showcase is using this a shill account to drive up prices? I know notch_top and samco1 did business with him. I cannot see any huge advantage if it is a shill account but it just seems very odd. His bidding history:

Bidding history

Tomega

That guy has an unlimited amount of money.

I guess so, he is over $40,000 with Showcase in the last 3 months. It is still a very odd thing, especially since his eBay name is similar to the Showcase's owners last name - greenhalgh. Hmmmm. I hope there is nothing underhanded going on because I like some of Showcase's auctions.

Tomega

seems to me that good ol JGreen learned (probably) fronm these therads what a tool he had been last go around and now snipes to save money. AND he wanted a nice run of XMen to go along with the other stuff he bought.

The names are similar....but my guess is hes just a new collector, learning his way with his unlimited funds.

reminds me of an older ebay account name called Danten311, that guy must've spend 10k a month on books for a few months before fading into the abyss. I wonder what becomes of all these guys and their books. Stuck in a vault for some years while they grow worthless. Their collections will pop back up on ebay in about 15 years only to shock their owners at how little money they get back.

After all this on Green, I don't think anything insidious is going on. He just seems to have a lot of money and really like SNE for some reason. I like some dealers better than others too. But on thing I have noticed - Green has singlehandedly raised prices on Showcase auctions to unbelievale levels! There used to be some decent deals available - especially on sets. But with this lunatic buying everyhting no matter the cost, there have been no real deals on Sne books in a few months. However there have been plenty of deals elsewhere - so thanks MR. Green for mainly sticking to Showcase!

After all this on Green, I don't think anything insidious is going on. He just seems to have a lot of money and really like SNE for some reason. I like some dealers better than others too. But on thing I have noticed - Green has singlehandedly raised prices on Showcase auctions to unbelievale levels! There used to be some decent deals available - especially on sets. But with this lunatic buying everyhting no matter the cost, there have been no real deals on Sne books in a few months. However there have been plenty of deals elsewhere - so thanks MR. Green for mainly sticking to Showcase!

Brilliant analysis, Clob. Hey, how about this statement:

Green has singlehandedly raised prices on Showcase auctions to unbelievale levels!

Yeah, and who is going to BENEFIT from that? SNE.

Who is going to NOT benefit from that? Mr. Green.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pretty clear-cut to me.

So you think there is something "funny" going on? The reason the prices are so high is because of Green - if he is a legit buyer then when he fades out , prices should reduce to where they were without him. His buying is not affecting prices anywhere else that I can tell. SNE is certainly not shill bidding against him to get prices up so the thought that SNE is profitting and Green is somehow losing out doesn't make sense to me as far as something nefarious going on. And I hope if Greenhaugh is bidding this stuff up ( truly a Lucas/phantom menace plot) he would chose a better nmae to disguise himself than Mr. Green! How about Mr.Pink or mr. White? Then no one would have ever suspected! Again I bet Green just has a lot of money and has decided to suddenly buy all these books - he gots to have em all right now! That money is burning thru his pockets obviously.