• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Dr Who Series - going strong?

6 posts in this topic

According to Outpost Gallifrey, "The Empty Child" showed in the US on Friday. This is probably the best story of the season (the second part is even better). Are viewers in the US enjoying the series or not.

The second series has started in the UK - I struggled with the first two episodes but last night's was a masterpiece (by the same writer of "The Empty Child" etc.)

My wife and I have continued to tune in every week here in the US. The show is great fun - My wife, who never watched Dr. Who before, really likes Christopher Eccleston and was sad to learn that he left after the first series. A co-worker from the UK gave me a copy of the first episode from the second series on DVD when I saw him last week, but I haven't taken the time to watch it yet. Maybe I'll pop it in the DVD player now and have a look...

The second series has started in the UK - I struggled with the first two episodes but last night's was a masterpiece (by the same writer of "The Empty Child" etc.)

I thought The Empty Child was one of the weaker entries of the season. I've heard others rave about the episodes...especially Brits. Maybe it doesn't resonate with an American like it does with someone from the UK who actually lived through, or heard stories about, the German onslaught...

Jim

I heard the new guy is going into a sipn off series "Torch Wood" Anagram for "Doctor Who"

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Torchwood will be featuring John Barrowman, the Captain Jack character that was in a few eps in mid season.

Looking forward to that.

'The Christmas Invasion' and 'Tooth and Claw' both had good info about Torchwood. Its origins and its current standing in the Dr Who world.

Although I already saw all of the Eccelston series, I watch them every Friday.

My wife enjoyed the Eccelston series and so far is enjoying Tennant as well.