• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a good price?? Tec #400 CGC 9.2 ....

11 posts in this topic

TEC 400

Was tracking this auction and noticed the book sold for just over $400.00. GPA has noted previous sales at $402.50 and $860.00 with a 12 month avg $557.13. Do you all think this buyer got a deal for this nicely centered copy with white pages due to a horrible scan and no Paypal?? This is easily one of my top Adams/Batman grails and favorite Bronze covers. Wondering if future Tec #400 CGC 9.2 offerings will remain at this price level or higher (especially with a seller who provides a nice scan and Paypal option). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it is good compared to the other two sales. If I were the fellow (I assume) who purchased it, unless he really loved it, I would flip it soon with a better ad. Though, as James Randi at randi.org will tell you, no one can accurately predict the future, I just can't see the price staying that high. Hey, I was right about Toronto real estate in the '90's and I was right about FF 48. Listen to me.

The sellers feedback was a little on the lower side. That also may have contributed to the lower price.

Exactly. Out of 188 feedback, only three have been as a seller.

Recent feedback too, only three of the bids came after some selling feedback showed up..

He did pretty well, actually.

12 month avg for 9.4's is $1104.78. Pretty strong numbers for this issue. Heck, the Don Rosa copy sold for $2384.00 blush.gif

I paid 1€ for my G/VG copy and someone paid 2000 times more for the same book albeit in better condition. Now that's funny. screwy.gif

I would jump on that book at that price if I had the money.I wouldn't sell it,however,as it's near the top of my want list.I wish that I had seen it.One thing about Neal Adams Bat books is that most were read MANY times and aren't always easy to find above 9.0.I personally don't think that there is an abundance of 'tec 400 in true 9.2 or higher.Looks like that one had white pages too.Definitely what I would call a true bronze key.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I would jump on that book at that price if I had the money.I wouldn't sell it,however,as it's near the top of my want list.I wish that I had seen it.One thing about Neal Adams Bat books is that most were read MANY times and aren't always easy to find above 9.0.I personally don't think that there is an abundance of 'tec 400 in true 9.2 or higher.Looks like that one had white pages too.Definitely what I would call a true bronze key.GOD BLESS...

Are most of the Adam TECS in NM going for that much?

This is just my opinion,but if I had the money,I would buy as many solid 9.2 'tec 400's in solid 9.2 raw that I could get my hands on in the $ 300 neighborhood.Man-Bat is popular with a span of several generations and that cover is SO COOL.If he doesn't turn up in a movie,I'd be VERY surprised.GOD BLESS...