• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What top 5 books/grails are you currently wanting ?

68 posts in this topic

Well, dude, my list would start with the Action #44 and #46 owned by a certain board member. I just know they want to come live with my #45. poke2.gif

well, yeah, sure, that's one way to look at it,.. or you could look at it this way, that your #43 CGC 9.0 and #45 CGC 9.0 Rockford copy, should come live with my #44, and #46 here in the beautiful blue grass state of Kentucky. acclaim.gif

you know the climate here is much better suited for long term storage of GA books,. it keeps them fresher for years and years. insane.gif

i agree, good call on the MM#9... i didn't bother listing that one, as its a bit out of my league. I do still have the print out of the cover from the low grade copy that was on ebay a while back pinned up on my bulletin board !!

I'm tempted to just pick up a restored copy but even that is going to cost me some coin and as soon as I pay for one a unrestored copy will come on the market. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, dude, my list would start with the Action #44 and #46 owned by a certain board member. I just know they want to come live with my #45. poke2.gif

well, yeah, sure, that's one way to look at it,.. or you could look at it this way, that your #43 CGC 9.0 and #45 CGC 9.0 Rockford copy, should come live with my #44, and #46 here in the beautiful blue grass state of Kentucky. acclaim.gif

you know the climate here is much better suited for long term storage of GA books,. it keeps them fresher for years and years. insane.gif

My understanding is that Kentucky is best suited for long term storage of original art. You should really switch and sell me your Actions. yay.gif

Well, I was going to try for a big grail like Captain America Comics #74. But they are so expensive even in low grade.

There is one on EBay (ECcomic's 3.0 copy) on EBay right now. poke2.gif

Too rich for my blood. I've decided I'd rather start working on my Joker Detective run. That's going to be a lot more fun for me than waiting around for the right grail copy to come on the market, and in the meantime not being able to collect anything!

I'm going to put together my first registry set. laugh.gif

My understanding is that Kentucky is best suited for long term storage of original art. You should really switch and sell me your Actions. yay.gif

original art 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Too rich for my blood. I've decided I'd rather start working on my Joker Detective run.

Is that just covers or issues with internal stories too? Whichever, how many books does it come out as?

1 - Amazing Adventures 5 (Ziff Davis)

2 - Captain Science 6

3 - Crusader from Mars 2

4 - Lars of Mars 10

5 - Strange Worlds 8 (Avon)

gozer

------------------

Marge, I'm going to miss you so much. And it's not just the sex.

It's also the food preparation.

Hi Alton:

I would like any action under #100 in 4.0 or better, exept for #99 and #83

I got a guy holding #67 and #79 for me, so exept for them as well.

Too rich for my blood. I've decided I'd rather start working on my Joker Detective run.

Is that just covers or issues with internal stories too? Whichever, how many books does it come out as?

There are 18 GA Detectives with Joker covers and another 3 non-cover Joker appearances from earlier in the series. I'm going to collect the first twelve Joker covers, since I like them the best. I don't care for the six Joker covers after issue #128 nearly as much. The last GA Joker Detective is #193. There isn't another Joker appearance in Detective Comics until issue #332.

I would eventually like to own all 21 GA Joker Detectives.

I'll add Red Raven Comics #1 (sorry, thats six now)... that is an over looked book. I saw one ONCE at Doug Sulipa's Comic World circa. 1982 (it was going for $2000 back then! it was along side a TORCH #2 (1), also $2000).

Hi Alton:

I would like any action under #100 in 4.0 or better, exept for #99 and #83

I got a guy holding #67 and #79 for me, so exept for them as well.

This is the #79 the guy is holding for me. It was nice of him, to end two of his auctions early for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

He is an accurate grader. You can read about him, in the item description. Overstreet advisor ect. I have purchased from him before. He has a new website, and I will post a link. I do recomend this guy.

http://www.jamespayettecomics.com/index.cfm

I'm not sure if his website has scans for all books, but he is good about returning e-mails, and I'm sure he can accomodate you. cloud9.gif

There are 18 GA Detectives with Joker covers and another 3 non-cover Joker appearances from earlier in the series. I'm going to collect the first twelve Joker covers, since I like them the best. I don't care for the six Joker covers after issue #128 nearly as much. The last GA Joker Detective is #193. There isn't another Joker appearance in Detective Comics until issue #332.

I would eventually like to own all 21 GA Joker Detectives.

Nice idea. Presumably you're passing over 168 (when you do the later issues)?

Years ago, I had the idea of collecting all the issues where Batman went back in time via hypnosis. I got as far as making a checklist of the 30 odd issues, but never went any further. Part of me would still like to get them, but they'd be so far down my list of priorities, that it wouldn't be worth attempting.

Years ago, I had the idea of collecting all the issues where Batman went back in time via hypnosis. I got as far as making a checklist of the 30 odd issues, but never went any further. Part of me would still like to get them, but they'd be so far down my list of priorities, that it wouldn't be worth attempting.

I probably would include #168 since the Joker is "The Man Behind The Red Hood". Plus, it contains his origin.

Here is an overview of all eighteen Joker covers.

1230481-JokerTecs.jpg

1230481-JokerTecs.jpg.9df6fe04ca47fd9c700b9b8b89c28f27.jpg

1) Batman #27 in CGC 6.0 White

2) Detective #39 coverless, to go with my front cover to make a decent 1.0

3) Batman #29 coverless, to go with my nice cover to make a decent 2.0

4) Batman #33 in CGC 6.0 White

5) Batman #45 in CGC 6.0 White

I probably would include #168 since the Joker is "The Man Behind The Red Hood". Plus, it contains his origin.

Here is an overview of all eighteen Joker covers.

1230481-JokerTecs.jpg

You're not including Detective #40?

A modest list.

Speed Carter Spaceman #1

Mystery in Space # 45

Planet Comics #23

Tales to Astonish #5

Challengers #8

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

Those sound like fun books.