• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PITA ebayers w. attitudes

56 posts in this topic

5/12/06 response by Monticelous:

"You're too stupid to know how to barter. GPA Analysis.com

whatever, I go by Overstreet. $10 shipping? You are a fraud.

Don't bother with the lengthy diatribe, keep your silly book...lol I

work for Marvel, I'm gonna put out the word on you, bud. "

Looks like the word is out on me guys...how am I ever going to cope? yeahok.gif

I'm glad the doofus is blocked.

screwy.gif

" I work for Marvel, I'm gonna put out the word on you, bud. "

That might be the most hilarious "threat" I've ever seen! What does he mean by that? Will he use his "Marvel Insider" influence to have you blocked from ever buying another Marvel comic as long as you live????!!!! 27_laughing.gif

You really should respond with something like "Oh yeah, well I work for EBAY and now I'M GONNA PUT THE WORD OUT ON YOU!

or maybe this would be better..."Oh yeah, I'm a Vice President at Marvel and YOU'RE FIRED!"

Guys like that just keep eBay fresh and new and fun each and every day! yay.gif

" I work for Marvel, I'm gonna put out the word on you, bud. "

That might be the most hilarious "threat" I've ever seen! What does he mean by that? Will he use his "Marvel Insider" influence to have you blocked from ever buying another Marvel comic as long as you live????!!!! 27_laughing.gif

You really should respond with something like "Oh yeah, well I work for EBAY and now I'M GONNA PUT THE WORD OUT ON YOU!

or maybe this would be better..."Oh yeah, I'm a Vice President at Marvel and YOU'RE FIRED!"

Guys like that just keep eBay fresh and new and fun each and every day! yay.gif

I too find this hilarious 27_laughing.gif

Better watch out Darth, he may sick the Punisher out on you (atleast in his own little imaginary universe).

Scheradon...you are right! THAT must have been what the threat meant...he works for Marvel and was trying to buy Conan's...so of course he is going to send CONAN after Darth!!!!

Darth...you had better get your loincloth ready and polish up on your sword skills....the big Cimmerian is coming after you!!!!

I was selling an Adventure Comics #462, and had a reserve of $35. One guy places 5 bids, then sends me a message asking what the reserve is, because he won't go over $10.

I tell him it's over $10, but good luck trying to get a VF+ copy for $10. 27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif BTW, it sold for my reserve of $35 with a snipe. acclaim.gif

Lowball offers are just something that comes with the "best offer" territory, but I try to find it entertaining.

What cracks me up are people who send detailed requests about shipping costs, and ask questions about the book. And then they submit a bid that has ZERO chance of winning. foreheadslap.gif

It is so annoying to receive insulting and usually absurd BIN offers. I get them all the time. foreheadslap.gif

I'll offer you $10K for the 9.2 Showcase #4! devil.gif It's only a 9.2! makepoint.gif

lowballer. i'll go $60k. worth nearly every penny of that. imho.

If I were Esquire, I'd jump on your offer so fast your head would spin.

Scheradon...you are right! THAT must have been what the threat meant...he works for Marvel and was trying to buy Conan's...so of course he is going to send CONAN after Darth!!!!

Darth...you had better get your loincloth ready and polish up on your sword skills....the big Cimmerian is coming after you!!!!

He'd be lucky to get Conan O'Brien to carry out this task. grin.gif

hoping for Red Sonja instead 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

They should just change the term to BIN or "Best Reasonable Offer".

Or perhaps a feature where the seller can set a minimum price that they'd like to actually accept in the Best Offer function... hidden from the Buyer of course. Let the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons think that all their lame requests are going through...

makepoint.gif

Or perhaps a feature where the seller can set a minimum price that they'd like to actually accept in the Best Offer function... hidden from the Buyer of course. Let the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons think that all their lame requests are going through...

makepoint.gif

Turbo lister allows you to do that. You can set an auto reject amount. I have no idea how well it works because i have never used it.

makepoint.gif

Turbo lister allows you to do that. You can set an auto reject amount. I have no idea how well it works because i have never used it.

Good to know, I've been manually listing for so long now. If the functionality has already been programmed, albeit for a bulk lister program, it can be done and will be a matter of time before they let the rest of us plebes get the "goods" so to speak.

makepoint.gif

God to know, I've been manually listing for so long now. If the functionality has already been programmed, albeit for a bulk lister program, it can be done and will be a matter of time before they let the rest of us plebes get the "goods" so to speak.

I just listed my first BIN this past week and I saw it as an option. I thought about using it but because of this thread I will from now on.

I was selling an Adventure Comics #462, and had a reserve of $35. One guy places 5 bids, then sends me a message asking what the reserve is, because he won't go over $10.

I tell him it's over $10, but good luck trying to get a VF+ copy for $10. 27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif BTW, it sold for my reserve of $35 with a snipe. acclaim.gif

Lowball offers are just something that comes with the "best offer" territory, but I try to find it entertaining.

What cracks me up are people who send detailed requests about shipping costs, and ask questions about the book. And then they submit a bid that has ZERO chance of winning. foreheadslap.gif

Sorry poke2.gif

makepoint.gif

God to know, I've been manually listing for so long now. If the functionality has already been programmed, albeit for a bulk lister program, it can be done and will be a matter of time before they let the rest of us plebes get the "goods" so to speak.

I just listed my first BIN this past week and I saw it as an option. I thought about using it but because of this thread I will from now on.

I tried with with some of my store listings, but the function wasn't working. It might work for fixed price auctions only.