• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Keep Track of Your Comics?

56 posts in this topic

I know there's been millions of threads about this topic before, but it's been a couple months at least, so may as well re-hash it. I always find it interesting, at least.

Anyway, I've always used Microsoft Excel with a bunch of filters in place so that i may easily go through my list, and sort by specifics within each column (Cover Price, Price Paid, Year, etc). Recently though, i was thinking about Collectorz. Has anyone ever used it? Does anyone currently use it and enjoy or not enjoy it? Anyone have any other great recommendations that make the job of databasing easier? I only have a small-medium sized collection to input (About 2300 books) and i was thinking that it might be nice to have the scans available alongside the book info. Is this a useful feature?

What do ya'll use? Opinions? Discussion?

Comicbase 10 Archive with the bar code scanner!

Actually, I just bought it and haven't recieved it yet! But I hear great things and Ii like the fact that all of the info is pre-loaded. All I have to do is put/scan the comic in and apply grade! It updates the pricing and scans all the time thumbsup2.gif

Actually, I just bought it and haven't recieved it yet! But I hear great things and Ii like the fact that all of the info is pre-loaded. All I have to do is put/scan the comic in and apply grade! It updates the pricing and scans all the time thumbsup2.gif

Phew! What did you pay for that? Sounds fancy shmancy! And i assume it can also do CGC books, eh?

Phew! What did you pay for that? Sounds fancy shmancy! And i assume it can also do CGC books, eh?

$309.00 shipped with the scanner. I figure it will save me a lot of time and money in the long run. Heck, if I can scan in the new issues at a minimum, that would be a blessing in it's own rite!

Plus, it apparently updates every other day to reflect new books as well as pricing. I think they use CBG for a price reference, but it will still give you a ballpark figure for your collection. I also like the fact that it has all of the info pre-filled so that you don't need to spend 10 minutes on adding a comic to your collection. I tried using collectorz but found it to be too much data inputting and took away from other things.

You can go to their website and download the demo. You'll see what I mean! It even lists the variants!

Hope this helps!

John thumbsup2.gif

Memory.

me too, just i'm getting older so my collection is dwindling by the year insane.gif

I tried the memory thing... after a while it just doesn't work too well insane.gif Especialy when I have people asking, " Do you have ASM #33 in a VF+?"... now instead of searching... it's a click away (well soon to be wink.gif ).

John

What do you use the barcode scanner for?

"ComicBase 10’s new bar code support let you jump straight to a comic by using its assigned ComicBase bar code, or through the EAN/UPC number printed on the cover. "

You could use a scanner to place the CGC cert number in the appropriate field as well, I assume.

I...don't? I have a want list, so it can be assumed what isn't on IT is in my collection.

Now that I've about finished trimming my collection I'll probably start doing something to catalog it. But as with most things, I'll procrastinate the heck outta that.

I just use Spreadsheet right now with title, issue #, date, grade, and PQ. Eventually, I want to add scans, cgc cert #, price paid, and possibly other info that comes to mind. I'm not sure what program to use for that, but I think I'll check out some of them listed here.

I use Microsoft Excel too.

I have a sheet with important data that I want to recall for a comic-book. I've tried Collectorz but it's too many information to input for me. BTW I really like having the covers scanned so every once in a while I'm planning to change to Collectorz...