• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL*STAR BATMAN & ROBIN THE BOY WONDER # 4: Out of the Bat-Car-Plane-Sub-At-Last

44 posts in this topic

Well here is something you may not think I would say about this...but, Jim Lee's art is just stunning, while

Frank Miller is having a real hard time moving the story along..... frustrated.gif. This is one of the most stuningly

drawn books that Lee has ever done IMHO, but the story is just plain slow. SPOILER ALERT!!!!

The Bat-Cave 6 panel spread is just crazy-cool in true fan-boy-spirit.

That Bruce KNOWS Clark's secret........sweet.

And confrontation at the end with Alfred show how strong an influence he will have on shaping not only

"The Batman", but "Robin" as well.

I will say that that cover is great. Probably just because of the coloring alone. I like the fold out. It seems to go on and on. And I like the fact that Batman thinks Superman is basically a BIATCH!!!! Miller definitely needs to pick up the pace.

I LOVE JIM LEE!

That being said: Am I the only one who thinks the Batcave in HUSH was more detailed than this six page fold out?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif....In detail YES......In scope......UMM.....NO.

I LOVE JIM LEE!

That being said: Am I the only one who thinks the Batcave in HUSH was more detailed than this six page fold out?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif....In detail YES......In scoop......UMM.....NO.

scoop = scope right?

You saw the Batgirl cover too, eh? Yep, that girl needs to hit the plastic surgeon. Sometimes I wonder if Frank even tries anymore.

It has been said that Mr. Miller is poking fun at all the people that think that he is only repeating his work from

TDKR, and TDK2, a some what tounge and cheek attempt to the whole Batman Dark Knight. My LCS says that

once we see as Robin that this book will really take off. As I have said before I am in till the end, so I will

just wait and see.

You saw the Batgirl cover too, eh? Yep, that girl needs to hit the plastic surgeon. Sometimes I wonder if Frank even tries anymore.

It has been said that Mr. Miller is poking fun at all the people that think that he is only repeating his work from

TDKR, and TDK2, a some what tounge and cheek attempt to the whole Batman Dark Knight. My LCS says that

once we see as Robin that this book will really take off. As I have said before I am in till the end, so I will

just wait and see.

At the rate the books come out, by the time becomes Robin my son will be old enough to be Robin.

And I dont even have a son yet

just wait and see.

at the rate the books coem out by the time becomes Robin my son will be old enough to be Robin.

and I dont even have a son yet

confused-smiley-013.gif...... What 3 books a year to slow for you.......... poke2.gif....... sign-funnypost.gif...... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Quite possibly one of the worst comic books I have read in quite some time. Truly awful. This series is flat out terrible.

I completely agree. Batman is a lunatic in this series and with the long delay, the horrible #3, and now this, I've actually dropped it. Which might be the first time ever for me.

I'll just read it when I buy the whole thing in a collection sometime. Miller seems to be in no hurry to tell the story and I'm in no hurry to read it.

The Lee pullout was pretty fantastic and I'm sure the Superman/Batman dynamic will be fun.

Marc

Quite possibly one of the worst comic books I have read in quite some time. Truly awful. This series is flat out terrible.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I quit picking it up after #2, but I still flip thru when it comes out to check out the artwork and read some of the story.

The book is terrible, absurd for even a comic book. Miller has become a parody of himself.

I'm sure once the book reaches it's TPB form it'll read alot better,the pacing is fine for me since I like it built up slowly rather than having everything in your face and a ton of stuff thrown at you,but the book being late for months on end needs to stop.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I quit picking it up after #2, but I still flip thru when it comes out to check out the artwork and read some of the story.

The book is terrible, absurd for even a comic book. Miller has become a parody of himself.

Make that three of us...I too dropped the book after #2. Pretty art and stinky writing only fools people for a little while(ask Image Comics about that foreheadslap.gif)