• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL*STAR BATMAN & ROBIN THE BOY WONDER # 4: Out of the Bat-Car-Plane-Sub-At-Last

44 posts in this topic

I pondered over picking this series up, kinda glad I didnt 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And oh yeah, that #3 cover...with those lips you have to wonder if he watching an Angelina Jolie movie at the time he drew it tongue.gif

What is the fourth Batman title?

All Star

Batman

Detective

Batman/Superman

I thought about Superman/Batman but when was the last time that book was out every month?

You saw the Batgirl cover too, eh? Yep, that girl needs to hit the plastic surgeon. Sometimes I wonder if Frank even tries anymore.

It has been said that Mr. Miller is poking fun at all the people that think that he is only repeating his work from

TDKR, and TDK2, a some what tounge and cheek attempt to the whole Batman Dark Knight. My LCS says that

once we see as Robin that this book will really take off. As I have said before I am in till the end, so I will

just wait and see.

What do you mean? Are you talking about Miller's writing or art?

I don't see what the big deal is. I like All Star Bats. I agree, not much has happened in 4 issues except for the fact that Batman is mean and crazy. Is that so wrong?

Well I like for my stories to go somewhere and this has not. Hell it took 4 issues for them to get back to the Batcave. I don't even remember when this book started.

It started with Vickie Vale trying on different outfits while Bruce Wayne waited for her in his limo. They both go on a date to see the Flying Greysons where 's parents get shot for all to see. Remember it was in this issue that Bruce says he has had his eye on young ? The Gotham police rough up Vickie and kidnap . Batman shows up during this and kills the Greyson's killer. Vickie goes after the police driving the limo with Alfred in tow. If I remember correctly, the police run Vickie off the road and plan on killing . Then a whole load of bats show up along with BATMAN!

In issue #2 Batman kidnaps , they hop into the Batmobile and Batman kills a bunch of the Gotham policemen. The Batmobile turns into a jet ....arghh.. I need to go back and re-read this one.

In issue #3 Black Canary kicks some [embarrassing lack of self control] in a local bar and Batman still has in the Batmobile(I think at this point it is a submarine). I need to re-read this one too.

Thanks for the recap but I have read all the issues. I liked the first issue but it has been a downhill ride since then. I honestly cannot remember anything special from #2. The Black Canary part of #3 didn't do it for me. I hope she will be showing up in the future issues.

To be fair though, I would probably be more of a fan if the books weren't 6 months apart.

You saw the Batgirl cover too, eh? Yep, that girl needs to hit the plastic surgeon. Sometimes I wonder if Frank even tries anymore.

It has been said that Mr. Miller is poking fun at all the people that think that he is only repeating his work from

TDKR, and TDK2, a some what tounge and cheek attempt to the whole Batman Dark Knight. My LCS says that

once we see as Robin that this book will really take off. As I have said before I am in till the end, so I will

just wait and see.

What do you mean? Are you talking about Miller's writing or art?

I don't see what the big deal is. I like All Star Bats. I agree, not much has happened in 4 issues except for the fact that Batman is mean and crazy. Is that so wrong?

Miller (Frank) is "playing" with us, (the readers), as well as with Batman. He is giving us the most memorable

Batman's ever. People really do not know this Batman as we are seeing a raw, driven, Batman, early

in, not the well established one that we have come to know. I feel that Robin will start to effect his humanity, refining

some of thoses very hard edges. I do not think Batman is so much crazy, as he is "single-minded" in what he

sees as the right way to go. Is this wrong??? ...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif......for Batman ...... NO.

Well I like for my stories to go somewhere and this has not. Hell it took 4 issues for them to get back to the Batcave. I don't even remember when this book started.

It started with Vickie Vale trying on different outfits while Bruce Wayne waited for her in his limo. They both go on a date to see the Flying Greysons where 's parents get shot for all to see. Remember it was in this issue that Bruce says he has had his eye on young ? The Gotham police rough up Vickie and kidnap . Batman shows up during this and kills the Greyson's killer. Vickie goes after the police driving the limo with Alfred in tow. If I remember correctly, the police run Vickie off the road and plan on killing . Then a whole load of bats show up along with BATMAN!

In issue #2 Batman kidnaps , they hop into the Batmobile and Batman kills a bunch of the Gotham policemen. The Batmobile turns into a jet ....arghh.. I need to go back and re-read this one.

In issue #3 Black Canary kicks some [embarrassing lack of self control] in a local bar and Batman still has in the Batmobile(I think at this point it is a submarine). I need to re-read this one too.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Batman? Sick? Pedophiler?(sp)

Oh sorry.......read that wrong. insane.gif893whatthe.gif

If Batman was real,he'd be a real a-hole in person,he'd would almost have to be to do what he does.Miller has said he's a crimial who goes out and commits assault and battery every night,and that he's a lunatic...cause he is.I think what miller is doing with batman is giving him a real world personality which people aren't used to seeing and automatically don't like it.Saying Batman is a nice guy and is only a jerk to bad guys is like saying the Massachusetts State Police are your friends.

Miller (Frank) is "playing" with us, (the readers), as well as with Batman. He is giving us the most memorable

Batman's ever. People really do not know this Batman as we are seeing a raw, driven, Batman, early

in, not the well established one that we have come to know. I feel that Robin will start to effect his humanity, refining

some of thoses very hard edges. I do not think Batman is so much crazy, as he is "single-minded" in what he

sees as the right way to go. Is this wrong??? ...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif......for Batman ...... NO.

I think you are giving Miller waaaaaay too much credit. sumo.gif