• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone ever commissioned a whole panel page?

8 posts in this topic

I've been giving this some thought lately about having a panel page commissioned. Pencilled, inked and lettered from just me saying I'd like to see a certain thing happen on the page but the creator could take full liberty at creating it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has every got something similar or am I nuts to think this is even remotely feasible?

I don't collect nor want unpublished art but this idea keeps coming back to me as a one time thing maybe.

Thanks.

I've been giving this some thought lately about having a panel page commissioned. Pencilled, inked and lettered from just me saying I'd like to see a certain thing happen on the page but the creator could take full liberty at creating it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has every got something similar or am I nuts to think this is even remotely feasible?

I don't collect nor want unpublished art but this idea keeps coming back to me as a one time thing maybe.

Thanks.

Rick Veitch used to do panel page commissions of things like Wedding Proposals and stuff like that. He'd make whoever the buyer was into a super-hero and would pencil and ink the whole page for something like $300. It was really cool. I don't think he does those anymore, though.

I did, and you can see what I got here - http://www.gotsuperpowers.com/gallery/madmandalrymplepgs.htm

I was, and maybe still am, trying to get various types of commissions, a sequential one, a EC cover styled one, a painted piece and so on. I’m pulling back from commissions these days to get published stuff, but I’m really happy with some of the pieces I managed to get.

Best

Simon

I keep meaning to get the duckies together to get Mariah(though I wish it were Ed) to do a commission. Lots of Talent on your site Court.

Thanks! If you're thinking of getting something from Mariah, though, there's currently a wait list...and it will probably take her a few months before she's caught up and can accept new commissions. In the meantime, you may just want to put your name on the list to hold your spot...no money up front. Just send me an e-mail through the site if you'd like to join the list.

Court