• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB High grade Neal Adams books

27 posts in this topic

Oh, then I guess I'll need settle for some 9.4s. I checked the cencus, and it looks like there are not many of this run slabbed.

Late 60s DCs are tough. Check out the census on the Adams Detective and Batman books....there are a LOT fewer than you might think. Definitely a much smaller supply than their Marvel counterparts.

[quote

Late 60s DCs are tough. Check out the census on the Adams Detective and Batman books....there are a LOT fewer than you might think. Definitely a much smaller supply than their Marvel counterparts.

Marvel collectors have it lucky with the supply of high grade copies around. Us DC fans have to duke it out for the few around.

Marvel collectors have it lucky with the supply of high grade copies around. Us DC fans have to duke it out for the few around.

That's why I stick to 8.0-9.0! yay.gif

You just need to get in good fiscal shape so you can go mano a mano with the big boys. stooges.gif

You just need to get in good fiscal shape so you can go mano a mano with the big boys. stooges.gif

No way! I will keep slumming where the pickings are good! Too many sharks in the high grade waters. I will just buy my VF+s and press them into the desired grade. tongue.gif

Don't forget the Brave and the Bold # 79 & 86 as they are pert of that run.The 79 is NOT EASY.Those Deadman issues are some of my favorite Adams issues.I always loved the stuff where he inked his own work.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

And on that note...I'm looking for 8.0-9.0 copies of Strange Adventures 207-216. thumbsup2.gifpoke2.gif

Oh, then I guess I'll need settle for some 9.4s. I checked the cencus, and it looks like there are not many of this run slabbed.

This is a bit misleading. His run on X-Men, with the exception of #56 and 60 which are fairly plentiful, is very difficult to find in 9.6. #s 57,59,61,62 have only 5 9.6s each. Not many considering the demand. Granted a lot of the DC stuff has only 1 or 2 or even no copies in 9.6 but the submission numbers are also much lower than the X-Men stuff.

Only 1 9.6 but also only 25 submissions. Take HOS 88, a tough book in high grade, 2 9.6 copies out of only 14 submissions vs X-Men 57, has 5 9.6 copies but 152 submissions. The discrepancy in submissions is huge.