• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis' Grading

81 posts in this topic

How many people have had to return books to doug sulipa because the grade was off and he prices guide and higher?

Never had any reason to return a book to Doug. I've bought GA, SA & BA books from him, he's the best! thumbsup2.gif

I wish he had Metropolis' inventory, that would be cloud9.gif

Doug Sulipa is the best -- and he has a killer inventory, to boot!

hail.gif

I agree completely, also one of the nicest and informative gentlemen I have had the opportunity to talk to. It is not uncommon to phone him up for a quick question etc. and end up talking on the phone for a half hour.

It's people like Doug with a positive helpful attitude, and the best grading in the business hands down, that makes collecting a joy. thumbsup2.gif

I bought an Our Fighting Forces 49 in 9.0 that I think would get a 7.5 maybe 8.0. B&B 25 in VF+ I think that would probably be a 7.0 a t best. and an Unexpected 110 solicited as NM+ that look s like maybe a 9.2.

I find their grading to be fairly accurate, dead on, or within a CGC point to 1.5. However, sometime back Metropolis were selling some so-so raw books on Ebay, saying absolutelty no refunds in their terms. A CGC charter member, won an auction, and found one of the books to be restored, although restoration was not noted. This person contacted Metropolis, and informed them, but they said, "sorry, terms of the auctions, no refunds." The buyer, didn't press it any further since it was a $30 book, but decided to never purchase again. This was for an ebay auction.

Reagrding books purchased in their shop or at the conventions, I have been assured refunds would be given if books are detected to be restored, and I believe that to be true..

I have bought many raw books from them, and I would say about half have been dead on CGC grade. I sent a few in for grading and they came back as advertised including an FF 53 9.0 and a Defenders 22 9.8 cloud9.gif. The other half that weren't up to par, I sent back for a refund, no hassles. For that reason, I keep buying from them as I am assured of being pleased with my purchase.

Hey Nostalgic, where in Orange County are you?

I bought an Our Fighting Forces 49 in 9.0 that I think would get a 7.5 maybe 8.0. B&B 25 in VF+ I think that would probably be a 7.0 a t best. and an Unexpected 110 solicited as NM+ that look s like maybe a 9.2.

Got a scan of the B&B #25?????? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

Got a scan of the B&B #25?????? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

I do not have one but I'll try to find the book and scan it tonight.

Quote:

Got a scan of the B&B #25??????

I' ll try and scan it tonight.

I find their grading to be fairly accurate, dead on, or within a CGC point to 1.5. However, sometime back Metropolis were selling some so-so raw books on Ebay, saying absolutelty no refunds in their terms. A CGC charter member, won an auction, and found one of the books to be restored, although restoration was not noted. This person contacted Metropolis, and informed them, but they said, "sorry, terms of the auctions, no refunds." The buyer, didn't press it any further since it was a $30 book, but decided to never purchase again. This was for an ebay auction.

Reagrding books purchased in their shop or at the conventions, I have been assured refunds would be given if books are detected to be restored, and I believe that to be true..

OK I get it...selective policies... mad.gif