• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Owning multiple copies of back issues - why do we do it?

135 posts in this topic

tec29.jpg

hello all...

I posted these in the GA section a little bit ago, but not sure if there are some general posters that might like to see

thanks

rick

Rick is the king of big book multiples!

hello all...

the tec 29 on the top left is on it's way to Ciorac as we speak...

but it was fun to have them , even if onlly temp...

rick

and Millie the Model Annual #1 (about 15-20).

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Now that would be a site to see! If ever you feel like parting with a nice VFish copy, feel free to shoot me a PM!

I need an upgrade on that one too!

flowerred.gif

Sorry- all are in lower grade. I sent a couple off to CGC in the summer (mostly for a resto check), and they came back a 5.0 and a 6.0...

Dan

I have multiples of some issues, but I never go more that three deep.

Did have two NICE (One 5.5 another 6.0+) of G.I. Combat #87, but wound up selling the lesser copy.

I recently sold about 150 bronze age DC war doubles, all issues that I have upgraded. I was going to keep them as reading copies, but they just sell so well!!

I do have multiples of quite a few Our Army at War books, but I'm keeping them all. Whenever I get a REALLY great copy, I try and keep a nice undercopy so I don't have to be poking at the good one.

My biggest multiple? I have about 12 copies of Camelot 3000 #1, all NM. Got them for 25 cents a piece in a bargain bin, and it's a book that I remember fondly from my youth (I remember seing them in 1985 for $20 a pop!) I also have about a half a dozen NM+ copies of Twisted Tales #1. Don't ask me why.

Shep