• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink

153 posts in this topic

I can't wait to hear Josh's spin on this. It's pretty clear to me that he doesn't consider your business worth trying to save. Afterall, you weren't paying nosebleed multiples for 9.8s....so why bother?

Were you offered a refund if you returned the books?

As far as pedigree is concerned, while I haven't purchased anything from them, I did see a comic I own for sale. I emailed two weeks ago asking for it to be removed (I'm not selling it), and last weekend when it was still there I opened an account and "bought" it. They had the nerve to send me a bill, to which I politely emailed a nice letter about "having" what you are selling. No response as of today, and it's still on their site. 893whatthe.gif

That's really weird. Doug usually has the books in hand, and scans them himself, before listing them.

That's really weird. Doug usually has the books in hand, and scans them himself, before listing them.

I've put up a couple books on his site and just sent the scans. He looks at the scans and write the description. I was pretty impressed with his description just from the scans.

I've put up a couple books on his site and just sent the scans. He looks at the scans and write the description. I was pretty impressed with his description just from the scans.

Guess he changed his policy. confused-smiley-013.gif

From a buyer's perspective, that was one advantage Pedigree had over CL, because if a book was listed, that meant it was in Doug's possession and he could ship it out to you straight away, whereas often CL did NOT have the book in their possession and had to wait on the consignor to ship the book to Josh, which meant further delays and sometimes meant the consignor had the ability to reneg or flake out.

I can't wait to hear Josh's spin on this. It's pretty clear to me that he doesn't consider your business worth trying to save. Afterall, you weren't paying nosebleed multiples for 9.8s....so why bother?

Were you offered a refund if you returned the books?

Nope, I made that suggestion and was blown off. I think comiclink's feelings are hurt because I called them out 2 weeks after the auctions ended when i hadn't heard a thing abut my order.

Are you saying this was a book that was sold to you and the pic was still up?

I bought the book (SS#4 9.0) from the owner, not from pedigree, a couple of months ago.

sign-rantpost.gifAs far as pedigree is concerned, while I haven't purchased anything from them, I did see a comic I own for sale. I emailed two weeks ago asking for it to be removed (I'm not selling it), and last weekend when it was still there I opened an account and "bought" it. They had the nerve to send me a bill, to which I politely emailed a nice letter about "having" what you are selling. No response as of today, and it's still on their site. 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I bought the book (SS#4 9.0) from the owner, not from pedigree, a couple of months ago.

So how did Pedigree get a scan of the book?

Yeah this just does not make sense to me.

Maybe the seller had it up on Pedigree, but then sold it privately. confused-smiley-013.gif

okay...back to the subject of the thread...:P

did you try to call them and talk to them directly?

my lone experience with comiclink was strange, but not necessarily bad...my checks have my wife's name along with mine - wife on top - and so due to this, they didn't deposit my check for a couple weeks. i got a call from them at work and after a momentary episode of confusion, i got it all straightened out...book arrived safe and sound etc.

just thought that it was odd that they didn't look down to the second line of the check for my name.

confused-smiley-013.gif

As far as pedigree is concerned, while I haven't purchased anything from them, I did see a comic I own for sale. I emailed two weeks ago asking for it to be removed (I'm not selling it), and last weekend when it was still there I opened an account and "bought" it. They had the nerve to send me a bill, to which I politely emailed a nice letter about "having" what you are selling. No response as of today, and it's still on their site. 893whatthe.gif

Not always the case. He has recently allowed sellers to load their books without having to ship them to him first. As far as Doug gettting back to you trust me he will. He is a busy guy but always seems to respond to any inquiries you may have.

I've never had to ship Doug my books first! Always did it the same as Clink.

So if I sold one in pvt it is up to me(the seller) to ask Doug to remove the listing.

Suppose I want to sell a High grade SS #4 myself, I would say that I own the one on Pedigree and ask for it to be remove, thus removing the competition. That is if I was a bad person. devil.gif

okay...back to the subject of the thread...:P

did you try to call them and talk to them directly?

my lone experience with comiclink was strange, but not necessarily bad...my checks have my wife's name along with mine - wife on top - and so due to this, they didn't deposit my check for a couple weeks. i got a call from them at work and after a momentary episode of confusion, i got it all straightened out...book arrived safe and sound etc.

just thought that it was odd that they didn't look down to the second line of the check for my name.

confused-smiley-013.gif

read the first post, i explain the phonecall.

here's the phone call:

comiclink: hello

me: yes, my name is... i received my order today and the slabs were cracked.

cl: wow, ok we can get a ups claim for them. I'm looking up your account... oh wait its you.

me: excuse me

cl: you were the guy complaining about the shipping taking so long. So you're telling me the slabs are cracked

me: yes they are

cl: are you kidding me? You're complaining about $60 worth of slabs. give me a break. You expect me to believe all three slabs have cracks? Was the box damaged?

me: nope but they were all packaged together inside an envelope inside a thin box.

cl: Do you have a scanner?

me: yes

cl: send me the scans (laughter in background) my email is ********. (click)

Now fast forward to the 1st post of this thread smile.gif