• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most copies you own of a particular book and why?

73 posts in this topic

How many times have we had this thread. tonofbricks.gif

The answer is 500 copies. The book is Batman 10 Cent Adventure.

I also own 100 copies each of Savage Dragon #1 and Micronauts #1.

Why, you ask?

Why the f**k not! sumo.gif

I just found about 50 copies of Glory #1 and the variant cover... but I find stuff like that every day. I find more X-Men #1's almost every day as well.. Must be over a thousand copies (all versions) by now...

(If I don't have at least one multiple of every comic I have, something's probably wrong... insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif)

Web of Spider-man #1 BTW... those I can barely sell at $7.50 apiece at a con in NM.

Used to have.. Maybe 16 copies of X-Force #1 that i got in a big lot. All were still in their original bags with cards and everything. Since i only paid about $0.15 each, i sold a bunch and made some money back...

3-5 copies is generally the most I have of anything post 1980 unless I bought a group or collection. I have a few books with 20+ copies, but never intended to have that many.

Bronze Age, I have 2-5 copies of many books.

Silver Age, I have 2 copies of many books, but only for a little while.

Golden Age, I have 2-4 copies of numerous books.

I had 600 copies of Web of Spidy #1, 300 copies of Miracleman 2, and 300 copies of Thundercats 2 back in the early 90's.....I eventually dumped them to a brand new LSC for about $1.00 each foreheadslap.gif

What made you get 600 and 300 copies of those books???

Speculation gone sour tonofbricks.gif893censored-thumb.gif

I have 20 NM copies of Micronauts # 1 & 2 by Michael Golden.......... crazy.gif

I had over 30 copies of ASM 361 that I snagged at various grocery and drug stores after the direct sale version became hot.Got around $10 each for them.Anyone else ever done that?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

27 copies of excalibur #1.

Nothing else in my collection approaches that though.

7 copies of Savage Sword of Conan #1 and 4 copies of Savage Tales #1 would be the other contenders.

I have 50 Justice League 1 and Superman 1 (Bryne version ...)

I also have 3 Batman 73, and 2 each Batman 13, 14, 15, 29, 34, 54, and 68

5 copies of Batman 232 (all at CGC right now). % each of the Macfarlin Spider mans (298 through ~320). Five each of Batmans and Detectives from the 80s and early 90s, Same story for many of the X-men in that same range. Most of these books I bought from a distributor when they came out at 35% off.

Never really collected multiple copies of books, but the most would be UXM 137... I have 4 copies (including 1 reprint! thumbsup2.gif)

First "speculation" I ever did was in 1970: I bought multiple copies of a book for the very first time, Conan # 1. Put two perfect copies inside an "American Heritage Civil War Book"...figured it was the biggest hard-bound book we had & they'd be hunky-doory there. Years later I remembered about them, went to find the book & it's gone. sorry.gif

The book belonged to my brother. He loaned it to a friend (he doesn't remember who) & never saw it again. Christo_pull_hair.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

I have well over 10.000 comics and only 7 dupes

I really, really hate dupes, when I get a dupe in, I try my best to get rid of it as soon as possible, most of the time I use them as freebies.

...I'm going for complete series, no room for dupes there.

But for some weird reason I have 7 copies of ASM v2 #36... for some reason I can't stop buying this book. This was the first ASM book I have ever bought and it made me collect the entire series (both V1 and V2) and I still want more of them screwy.gif