• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bottom 5 Keys of All Time

22 posts in this topic

In the Top 5 thread, someone jokingly mentioned the bottom 5 keys, listing Amazing Adventures 11 as an example. Any others?

In no particular order:

1. Amazing Adventures 11 - first blue Beast.

2. Green Lantern 59 - first Guy Gardner. Do we really care about him anymore? Likewise:

3. Green Lantern 116 - first Guy Gardner as a GL. Zzzzzz

acclaim.gif

i was going to put Iron Man 55 in there, too. i mean, yay, a one-panel shot of Thanos and the Destroyer intro. great? sure...but $55 for a VG? screwy.gif

In the Top 5 thread, someone jokingly mentioned the bottom 5 keys, listing Amazing Adventures 11 as an example. Any others?

In no particular order:

1. Amazing Adventures 11 - first blue Beast.

2. Green Lantern 59 - first Guy Gardner. Do we really care about him anymore? Likewise:

WTF I got this in cgc 9.8 sumo.gif

acclaim.gif

i was going to put Iron Man 55 in there, too. i mean, yay, a one-panel shot of Thanos and the Destroyer intro. great? sure...but $55 for a VG? screwy.gif

a NM copy just sold on Ebay for $310.00 to China_man foreheadslap.gif

tonofbricks.gif

the prices this book consistently gets just doesn't make a bit of sense to me

acclaim.gif

tonofbricks.gif

I bought mine 3 years ago and

I like it

sorry.gif

acclaim.gif

tonofbricks.gif

I like it

sorry.gif

No, it's a nice book but it should not warrant a $300 pricetag makepoint.gif

acclaim.gif

tonofbricks.gif

I like it

sorry.gif

No, it's a nice book but it should not warrant a $300 pricetag makepoint.gif

right. thumbsup2.gif

although if Nik can sell the book for that much, that's cool too, on account of what an all-around swell chap he is

acclaim.gif

A VG for $55! 893whatthe.gif

I just sold my copy on the boards for that much and was much nicer. That's crazy for a VG!

It's not the sales... or the art (Lee is great. Loved the spread in the last issue of the Batcave...)

It's the story and dialogue, IMHO, that makes this one a bottom rung key... and I like Frank Miller's earlier work...

I'd say Green Lantern #40. So it's somehow related (in retrospect) to Crisis... BFD. Doesn't justify the huge premium that it commands over surrounding issues. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd say Green Lantern #40. So it's somehow related (in retrospect) to Crisis... BFD. Doesn't justify the huge premium that it commands over surrounding issues. confused-smiley-013.gif

seriously. how about selling me a nice copy for 1/6th guide so that it comes in line with the surrounding issues.

how about anyone selling me a nice copy at that price. at the way it's priced, i ain't never gonna get a copy

Hmmm....

Does Green Lantern have the largest amount of lame keys of any title?

40 - Crisis

59 - Guy Gardner

116 - Guy Garnder as a GL

141 - First Omega Men.

The 5000th app of wolverine on the front cover grin.gif

(dont ask me what book this would be) makepoint.gif