• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just soiled myself.....and I couldn't be happier.

364 posts in this topic

Small Time United Collectors Klan (or S.T.U.C.K).

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

But I thought we were known as Small-time Collectors Uninformed & Misled (or S.C.U.M. as we're known in Sarasota)? confused-smiley-013.gif

So no one wants to give me money to infiltrate CGC?

I already subsidize The Rich...its called Taxes. smirk.gif

But I thought we were known as Small-time Collectors Uninformed & Misled (or S.C.U.M. as we're known in Sarasota)? confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh, man.....I see t-shirts and coffee mugs! wink.gif

I'm in for a dollar insane.gif

I just posted a question about what a review is to "Ask CGC". I'd honestly love to know, since I have a few books whose pq I'd like to have reviewed without paying for an entire regrade.

Dan

You're a legal eagle, right?

I think the done thing is to raid your clients' funds... yeahok.gif

grin.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Actually I dont think thats funny at all. True yes, funny no

Must be me.

Ze-

Actually I dont think thats funny at all. True yes, funny no

Must be me.

Ze-

Can't say I'm about to argue. The fact is that Mr Schmell became a BSD, and commanded this sort of clout, off the back of a collection that was financed by other peoples' money.

Quite sick, when you think about it, but vaguely appropriate.

I just posted a question about what a review is to "Ask CGC". I'd honestly love to know, since I have a few books whose pq I'd like to have reviewed without paying for an entire regrade.

Dan

Well Dan, just pack 'em up in the truck and drive down here to Sarasota - lunch awaits you, the white glove treatment. We treat all of our clientele the same down here in gator country . . . Why we''ll even set you up with your own "mini-locker" inside the vault - no problemo, amigo!

If I recall, your problem with me was that I charged $18.00 for Fedex Express shipping, which, if you would have asked, covers up to 2 books, all handling and all insurance costs from Florida.

Uh, No. My "problem" was that if you are going to charge $18.00 to ship one book, it had better be shipped in a timely fashion. If I recall correctly, it was close to 2 weeks from the time I paid till the time I received the book. I also had a problem with you passing your cost of doing business along to me by charging an illegal surcharge on the charge card purchase. Hearing about the details of your disbarment, along with the story of you trying to "wash" a known trimmed book thru Heritage leads me to believe I know more than enough about you to make a clear judgment on your character.

Hmm, being that I was in Doug's apartment when he first showed me this book (Long before CGC opened the doors) I can understand why he thinks it was white pages. There wasn't much light in the room lol.

"He owned the book raw for several years before subbing it to CGC, so he's probably intimately familiar with how the pages look"

Yeah, page quality is so subjective. If I remember my professor at the grading college I attended basically taught me that page quality goes outside in. Hence my running jokes that some books look like toast best served with butter and jam.

Are the pages from corner to corner white?

Are the pages offwhite becoming white in the middle

Are the pages offwhite corner to corner

Are the pages cream becoming offwhite in the middle

Are the pages cream corner to corner

Are the pages tan to offwhite - Hence my toast joke

Are the pages brittle?

Now obviously this FF #1 was originally graded in New Jersey which as you know might have more smog molecules blocking the flourescent light from properly amplifying the page quaity. In Florida which is "brighter" the true page quality revealed itself

Let the debate begin!

...so in essence what you're saying Bob, is that anything coming out of Jersey is "naturally" dirty and scummy?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's been my life experiences with some people I've known in NJ. frown.gif

You could have cancelled the sale, no? And if you didn't want to pay the surcharge you could have cancelled the sale again. Instead you paid the $18 and the surcharge which you didn't have to do. As far as 2 weeks goes knowing that this is a consignment site I would have assumed that the book was sent to Doug and then he shipped it to you.

Now Doug, since I know you read these posts you REALLY should post your postage rates and surcharge policy before people buy a book from your site.