• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X3: Random Thoughts *spoilers*

15 posts in this topic

Couple of thoughts on the future of the characters:

1. I'm guessing that the cure is only temporary for Class 3 and higher mutants.

2. The physical form of Jean was killed, however her energy will live on somehow.

3. I'm guessing Scott didn't die 893whatthe.gif

Also:

1. Halle isn't doing any more X movies?

2. Any other focus movies other than Wolverine in the books?

Irritants:

1. The homes from "20 years ago" looked like they were built last year.

2. When the bridge is set down on Alcatraz, it's daylight. Immediate scene following it's night.

Apocolypse or Sinister for villains. I like Ian as Magneto, but 3 movies is enough.

As a kid I always liked Havok and Polaris. Maybe Thunderbird can make an appearance and get quickly killed off. grin.gif

2. The physical form of Jean was killed, however her energy will live on somehow.

Since Xavier didn't die, I don't think that they can have Cyclops not die also. You guys did stay for after the credits, right?

Also:

Irritants:

2. When the bridge is set down on Alcatraz, it's daylight. Immediate scene following it's night.

27_laughing.gif

Also:

Irritants:

I think Halle has said she'd do a 4th. I remember after the 2nd everyone was saying she'd never do another, and I always scratched my head... what else was she doing? So she became a bigger star during the movies, I think most actors feel blessed to be part of a successful franchise and are smart enough to stick around.

About the bridge; I heard this complaint beofre I saw the movie, so I kept an eye on it... it's bright out at the start of the shot, but you can see from one angle that the sun is low and setting. When the bridge landed and it was black out, I took it to maybe just be the sort of darkness that falls over these bad guy sort of moments (or Storm?) but whatever the case, it definetly didn't go from mid-day to midnight.

I am sure for the right money Halle would do anything, especially X4, that is if there is one.

Was Scott dieing a big lost confused-smiley-013.gif

Opinions on the last scene of the movie...with the doctor in front of the cancer patient and Prof. X spoke? I realize it has to do with what Prof. X said in the beginning about switching bodies, when he was showing the video to the class...it was the same scene.

Did anything about switching bodies come up in the comics?

Not to be picky, but now that Professor X inhabites someone else's body, wouldn't his voice obviously be different? Sure, he'd still have the British accent, but with someone else's vocal cords.

I am sure for the right money Halle would do anything, especially X4, that is if there is one.

Was Scott dieing a big lost confused-smiley-013.gif

Opinions on the last scene of the movie...with the doctor in front of the cancer patient and Prof. X spoke? I realize it has to do with what Prof. X said in the beginning about switching bodies, when he was showing the video to the class...it was the same scene.

Did anything about switching bodies come up in the comics?

Professor X was probably speaking telepathically.

And yes.. he has stored his consciousness elsewhere before.

The latest was probably when Jean Grey stored his entire consciousness into her own brain when his body was taken over by his twin sister in New X-men and his twin sister's body "died".

Hey.. if Spock can do it, why not Professor X? confused-smiley-013.gif

I had the same conclusions.

As far as Cyclops.....no body...no death.

Magneto still having some of his mutant ability after being given the injection.....suggested to me that yeah, the effect is only temporary. It would also be a given that all testing had been done with level 2 or lower mutants. Now, anyone could come back...Magneto, Rogue and/or Mystique.

I am also thinking Mystique could be one of the good "guys" next time around...considering the way Magneto treated her once she became human.

I am also thinking Jean could still be at the bottom of the lake. It worked in the comic, didn't it? crazy.gif

Magneto still having some of his mutant ability after being given the injection.....suggested to me that yeah, the effect is only temporary.

Magneto had four injections.

A single injection (Mystique, presumably Rogue) would probably wear off faster.