• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series holy grail?

103 posts in this topic

Wrightson HOS 92. oh wait i have that coming smile.gif

Anything by Barry Kitson but preferably an empire issue.

Wrightson HOS 92. oh wait i have that coming smile.gif

Impressive. thumbsup2.gif

I have the production proof wrap for Swamp Thing #1 which I want to get signed. I was too late for that recent texas show but now that we have a dedicated forum I ma hoping that another opportunity arrives this year.

Wrightson, IMHO, has the best signature of all of them, especially when he signs in Gold.

For me:

Unattainable:

Amazing Fantasy 15 (any grade) - Stan Lee and Steve Ditko

Actually, this isn't completely unattainable, it's just very improbable.

Attainable:

Invincible 1 9.8 Robert Kirkman & Corey Walker

(plus I've got a Larry's Convention Exclusive Invincible 1 9.9 I'd like to get done as well).

For me:

Unattainable:

So if you had a G copy of AF #15 would you risk the future value and get it signed?

For me:

Unattainable:

Attainable:

Invincible 1 9.8 Robert Kirkman & Corey Walker

(plus I've got a Larry's Convention Exclusive Invincible 1 9.9 I'd like to get done as well).

Kirkman lives 10 minutes from me and has started doing some of the very small local shows plus he makes appearances at easter kentucky univ yay.gif

Flessel is not impossible though. I know someone who was trying to see him this last February around the time of the Wondercon. He lives in that neck of the woods.

I see that Shelley Moldoff is on the list for San Diego this year, as is Alvin Schwartz.

For me:

Unattainable:

So if you had a G copy of AF #15 would you risk the future value and get it signed?

I hope to buy a 2.0 AF 15 for that very purpose. thumbsup2.gif

For me:

Unattainable:

I hope to buy a 2.0 AF 15 for that very purpose. thumbsup2.gif

I wish you luck as I think it is a real value add to any book in the low range but especially a key like that.

If not for the opportunity to get Stan to sign them, I would have probably never owned any of the SA keys. Could never justify the price for "beat-up" copies, and nicer copies are WAY out of my financial league.

As soon as finances allow, I'll be on the hunt for an AF 15, Hulk 1 & TOS 39

Will be looking for 2.0-4.0 copies with nice FC eye appeal. cloud9.gif

Pirate send me your shelly moldoff book that is right one. I am the one that kevin spoke of trying to meet crieg flessel. I was going to try and go see him while I was at wonder-con but time did not permit. Hopefully next year he might let me meet him. I would love to take that guy to lunch and asking him all sorts of questions. Not just about comics but everything.

So I have three SS grails none of them will ever happen and one that might happen.

# 1 Adventure 40 ( 3.0 or better) signed by Creig Flessel

# 2 Amazing Fantasy 15 ( 4.0 or better) Signed by Steve Ditko and Stan Lee ( though since I have 2 Lee SS already the Ditko is more important.

# 3 V for Vendetta # 1 ( 9.8) signed by Alan Moore ( I am working on try to get a SS deal that will probably never happen)

# 4 The Spirit any issue any grade signed by Will Eisner.

My personal grail is UXM 108 - 143 signed by Byrne/Austin/Claremont...attainable (already have 140), but highly unlikely frown.gif

My personal grail is UXM 108 - 143 signed by Byrne/Austin/Claremont...attainable (already have 140), but highly unlikely frown.gif

Skinny now owns the trip-signed 130 & the highest graded trip-signed 108

I've got 108, 120, 140, 142 & 143

Up until I let the 130 go, I was working on a yellow label run of X-MEN 108-143

Not sure if I'm still going to pursue it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif