• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,086 posts in this topic

I saw the Heritage auction stuff too. I think we're all salivating over the same thing(s). It will no doubt be a monster, large-money auction.

Looks like they all came from the same source. Wonder who?

GREAAAAAT-looking stuff. Now all I have to do is find a bag 'o cash somewheres.

Shep

I saw the Heritage auction stuff too. I think we're all salivating over the same thing(s). It will no doubt be a monster, large-money auction.

Looks like they all came from the same source. Wonder who?

GREAAAAAT-looking stuff. Now all I have to do is find a bag 'o cash somewheres.

Shep

Sincerely, their auctions garner the most interest and money paid for books. I know I cannot afford more than one of the books but would like any single one of them. If you guys have your sights on any of them I wont bid them up. The GI Combat 87 is gonna be interesting. I dont have a 91 nor the first gunner and sarge so those will probably be the ones I will bid on.... and then lose.

Mike

The GIC #87 will be the big one. I have a pretty nice copy, but the *spoon* in me is thinking hard about putting together a war-chest and making a run. There are lots of consolation books in there too, if the big fish gets away (OFF #35 with the Kubert frogman cover is a book I would LOOOOVVE to have.)

Unfortunately, the GIC #87 and OAAW #83 will, maybe even the OFF #45, will likely go to non-war enthusiasts who just want to notch another tick on their 'Silver Age Keys' list.

Sigh

Shep

It is brutal. I simply cannot compete and do not think a lot of the books are worth the money and would be hard to turn around if needed for a profit. How much do you think the 83 will fetch? $1700ish methinks. The #45 is hard to say because I never see it around at all. Man I love war books.

It is brutal. I simply cannot compete and do not think a lot of the books are worth the money and would be hard to turn around if needed for a profit. How much do you think the 83 will fetch? $1700ish methinks. The #45 is hard to say because I never see it around at all. Man I love war books.

Mmmm.. Me too. The last big sale on an OAAW #83 that I am aware was a VF+ that Superworld sold for $1600, about a year ago (I never saw the book, so I'm not sure if it was that cherry.)

What's interesting, is that I was reading an old Overstreet update (remember those?) from 1991, ans Showcase New England said in their market report that Our Army at War was red hot and they sold a VF/NM #81 for $1400, which struck me as a LOT for back then. Considering that OAAW #83 is easily twice as hard to find as #81, I think it could get easily into the $1500+ range.

My VG #83 cost me $440 nearly four years ago, unslabbed. Tough, expensive book.

Shep

Check out the cover of this book. Look at the names on the shirts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NAVY-COMBAT-19-Atlas...1QQcmdZViewItem

27_laughing.gif Thanks!

So, those Heritage comics are from the "Keith Marlow collection"....I bought a bunch of this guy's "sloppy seconds" before, which were quite nice. There's at least one other boardie here who was picking away at his collection before as well. Nice books to say the least!

Andy

no worries about me bidding up any of these books. i am on a buying hiatus for the time being, so you have only yourselves to blame 27_laughing.gif

So, those Heritage comics are from the "Keith Marlow collection"....I bought a bunch of this guy's "sloppy seconds" before, which were quite nice. There's at least one other boardie here who was picking away at his collection before as well. Nice books to say the least!

Andy

I can't believe he's finally decided to sell these. We know who this is don't we Andy thumbsup2.gif

One of the finest E-bay sellers I've dealt with and only regret not having more cash to buy more of his doubles. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I wish he offered them to me directly, but he was pretty quiet when talking about books that he hadn't had up on eBay....to me, at least.

I knew my comment would pull you out of lurking, Fay. insane.gif

Andy