• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

I think we can all figure out what's going through the mind of this frogman! 27_laughing.gif

"I sure wish I could read Japanese!"

Jack

ssws67.jpg

Question for you Mick (and everyone).... Do we consider this a greytone/washtone?

Shep

It kind of has that feel, but I don't believe it is.

Washtones usually leave me feeling very satisfied cloud9.gif , perhaps mystified......this one doesn't. There is great drama on that cover, though. thumbsup2.gif

Andy

It kind of has that feel, but I don't believe it is.

Washtones usually leave me feeling very satisfied cloud9.gif , perhaps mystified......this one doesn't. There is great drama on that cover, though. thumbsup2.gif

Andy

You know Andy, that is excellent criteria for evaluating washtone vs. non-washtone.

Washtone-lite, perhaps!

Shep

Mystified is a good term for how I feel about washtones, but I feel that way about virtually any Heath cover. The crosshatching on that, the OFF 51, and so many others is so far outta the ballpark that his covers are often mistaken for washtones without actually being washtones. No other artist (with the possible exception of Brodsky, Colletta, or Severin at Atlas--see the washtone message board for a few emblematic posts) could accomplish that.

From The greatest.... Ron Murray! How is the 83 you have? The one that was up on ebay? It feels good to actually put up a scan of a book so I seem real.

Yeah, it was on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OUR-ARMY-AT-WAR-83-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

I ended up paying over guide but seeing as how it's an old label book, it might actually be higher grade. Plus, it was paid for by selling other books I no longer care too much about.

That was a nice looking OAAW #83 indeed!!! Nice one... post a full-size scan when you get it in.

Shep

Your wish is my command. grin.gif

OAAW83CGC.jpg

OAAW83CGClabel.jpg

GREAT buy thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

If I had the money I would have bid on it myself.