• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Thumb fighting or indian-leg wrestling?

I know... let's roll up our Our Army Army at War #83s and beat each other!

Or papercut each other with sharp-edged copies of GIC #87.

Ahhh, my wife won't let me anyway.

Shep

I will fight Shep to purchase the 78!! sumo.gif

The 78 is staying put! sumo.gif

How about some NM Mass. Enemy Ace SSWS issues as a consolation prize? I will be selling those soon....

Utterly Fantastic. Where did you find those? Good deals? That 78 is the best I've ever seen!

Thanks. They were part of a consignment lot I just got in which includes some NM silver age war books. These are 6.5s or so, though nice looking for the grade.

How about some NM Mass. Enemy Ace SSWS issues as a consolation prize? I will be selling those soon....

Alright, I'll just have to fight you for it then. Where do you live anyway? sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Alright, I'll just have to fight you for it then. Where do you live anyway? sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Oshkosh.

Those are both some beautiful copies. They don't come along like that very often. Nice score. Was there a #80 or #79? Those are the toughest ones in the run of washtones.

PM sent.

If I haven't said it already, I love that there are so many posts on these war boards lately. Boy, there have been some sweeeeeeeet books lately.

Time for me to get some nice silver age war again... I haven't bought any in a while.

Shep

This is my first time on the CGC chat boards. My name is Keith Marlow. I have just consigned to Heritage 1,000 CGC graded books--about 200 of which are DC War. They will also be auctioning hundreds of other DC war books that are not slabbed. These books will make you DC war collectors proud and I hope you get an opportunity to purchase. I know each of you know how hard it is to find VF or better graded DC war. You can view the books on the Heritage web site. The first weekly auction of my books will appear this Monday and continue weekly for many weeks. There will be more DC war comics auctioned in the weekly auctions than in the Signature Auction in August. I will also have nearly a hundred CGC high grade Silver Age Flash coming up and several hundred CGC high grade Four Colors. Many other keys as well. Anyway, I thought I would introduce myself.

Welcome, Keith. I was wondering about "The Keith Marlow Collection". I see some beautiful books already listed in the auction and was wondering about the collection in general. Are these books that you bought off the stands or have you been picking them up over the years? Whatever the case they are some stunning books -- especially the war stuff I've seen listed so far.

Again, welcome to the boards!!! thumbsup2.gif

— Rick

Thanks Rick. Very few off of the stands. I had a few very nice books as a kid, but many of them have been purchased at conventions and on e-bay. I have also visited a significant number of comic shops throughout the US and found many of the books there as well. I will have some of the books in the upcoming weekly auction starting June 11th.

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

Having collected war comics for quite a while I'm sure you must have spent quite a bit of time searching to put together that many nice copies.

Have you given up collecting entirely at this point?

Welcome to the boards, Keith! Hopefully we'll see more of you from now on. I have dealt with you on eBay and you were always very nice and delivered excellent books. I'm watching those Heritage auctions, and hopefully I'll be able to snag one or two.

Take care!

Andy