• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

We had a show last weekend down here and a guy had a new OO collection. The only DCs in there were war books, mostly low grade, but I filled a few holes.

I was also able to upgrade a few GICs in the 120s, and I'll be selling my undercopies soon (also a few extra washtones).

However, I'm really excited about these 3 books that I managed to get raw & in grade. I usually count on getting a realistic (i.e. not Heritage 10X guide) shot at one nice GIC a year, so to get these 3 over a month was exhilarating.

I have a hard time selecting a favorite cover from 79, 80, 86, 91, 96, & 104, but seeing a sharp 96 in hand sure makes it hard not to like.

42804-GICombat93a.JPG.3c5c0deae374cac8362f7ab62a671605.JPG

42805-GICombat96a.JPG.7f8dee3f9b508b8ada93b2fb28221bab.JPG

42806-GICombat104a.JPG.5f411428a66777f7ad3232cadd5d3695.JPG

We had a show last weekend down here and a guy had a new OO collection. The only DCs in there were war books, mostly low grade, but I filled a few holes.

I was also able to upgrade a few GICs in the 120s, and I'll be selling my undercopies soon (also a few extra washtones).

However, I'm really excited about these 3 books that I managed to get raw & in grade. I usually count on getting a realistic (i.e. not Heritage 10X guide) shot at one nice GIC a year, so to get these 3 over a month was exhilarating.

I have a hard time selecting a favorite cover from 79, 80, 86, 91, 96, & 104, but seeing a sharp 96 in hand sure makes it hard not to like.

As a collecter of tank covers :cloud9: 96 is one of my all time fav's; beautiful book

Really sweet books! Thanks for showing! (worship)

Andy

For me the 104 really rocks but it looks like you did spectacularly well picking up the three that you did. Congratulations! :headbang:

I thought you were the one who outbid me on the 93. :pullhair:

It's even nicer in person... :baiting:

So is my Headline 8. :baiting:

That's gotta hurt! lol

But then again buttock did start it... hm

I thought you were the one who outbid me on the 93. :pullhair:

It's even nicer in person... :baiting:

So is my Headline 8. :baiting:

That's gotta hurt! lol

But then again buttock did start it... hm

Trade ya straight up?

I did upgrade my Headline 8, but it still looks nothing like yours :cloud9:

He's still around :gossip:

Which shill is he now?

Most likely Learned_Hand, as that's the name that his pictures are under.

Coincidence I think. Look at some of LearnedHand's posts. Just a hunch but I'd say it's not him.

He's still around :gossip:

Which shill is he now?

Most likely Learned_Hand, as that's the name that his pictures are under.

Coincidence I think. Look at some of LearnedHand's posts. Just a hunch but I'd say it's not him.

Okay, apologies to LearnedHand then. Then who is this batch? hm