• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

what do you guys think the census will look like one dat for OOAW 160-225? Are there going to be nearly as many 9.2s and 9.4s as other DCs from that time period? Far less? Or just like 30-60% as many, paralelling the relative % of war vs superhero collectors then as now.

That's a great question.... my opinion is that the census for ALL silver age DC war books will be thinner than other genres of the same age because many war book collectors simply prefer having access to their books to actually look at.

That.... and I think these book are certainly less available in grade than hero books.

Shep

Wow Jeffro. Those are flippin nice. :cloud9: Recent pickups?

These look like they're all from the same collection, nice pick ups! :applause:

Andy

Those are Diamond Run copies I picked up early last year.

and I think these book are certainly less available in grade than hero books.

Shep

I tend to agree. I don't foresee the census numbers for DC war ever being equal to DC superhero of the same period.

Shep

I tend to agree. I don't foresee the census numbers for DC war ever being equal to DC superhero of the same period.

If war books are thin, then westerns must be non existent.

Shep

If war books are thin, then westerns must be non existent.

go back to reading the western comics collecting thread. Oh wait, there isn't one! :o

It's always a mixture of desirability and scarcity. Westerns are scarce but not nearly as desirable as war books. I think there are far more war collectors than western collectors. I could be wrong though.

Fifty

011108_DSC02731.jpg

You seem to be on a roll picking some very nice war comics lately! :applause: