• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just signed and was asked to post some of my war comics. I just now figured out how to upload the images to the boards and this was the only war comic I had previously scanned. Just a lower grade DC OFF #1.

Keith

ourfightingforces1.jpg

Hi all,

Just signed and was asked to post some of my war comics. I just now figured out how to upload the images to the boards and this was the only war comic I had previously scanned. Just a lower grade DC OFF #1.

Keith

ourfightingforces1.jpg

Nice! That's a hard book to find in any grade. Welcome to the boards!

-William

Hi all,

Keith

ourfightingforces1.jpg

Welcome to the boards, Seadevils! :hi: Thanks for showing your great books. :applause:Looking forward to more pics and perhaps your views on Golden/Silver/Bronze age war books. (thumbs u

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Not so sure my views on War books would be worthy of your group. I love the books and have many I've collected over the years, but I'm hardly knowledgable with the politics of war. Now if it's the art work. I can give my 2 cents there. Love the Kubert covers. And Grandenetti had some nice cover art. And I agree with Fazybones. Russ Heath had some awesome covers as well.

Here's my OAAW 151 I scored on EPay a few years back.

oaaw151.jpg

Thanks Andy,

Not so sure my views on War books would be worthy of your group. I love the books and have many I've collected over the years, but I'm hardly knowledgable with the politics of war. Now if it's the art work. I can give my 2 cents there. Love the Kubert covers. And Grandenetti had some nice cover art. And I agree with Fazybones. Russ Heath had some awesome covers as well.

oaaw151.jpg

OMG!!!

:takeit:

Thanks Andy,

oaaw151.jpg

OMG!!!

:takeit:

Humminah Humminah Humminah!

GI Combat #44

26132.jpg

NICE!!!! Tat, I love that book.

As it happens, I re-scanned mine last night.... I think yours is nicer though (mine's got a chip out of the top edge and some razor tears).

This book is a bi-atch in ANY grade.

th_gic44-1.jpg

No doubt, GIC #44 is a nice one to have... great early greytone.

The one that has me COMPLETELY snakebitten in the upgrade department is Star Spangled War #45. I have a weak VG, but I have not seen a FN copy.

Anyone got a sweetie to post?

Shep

No SSWS 45, but here are a few of my recent purchases.

Still no scanner!! :makepoint:

The first OAAW book I owned and it feels good to finally have

one back in my collection.

Picture414.jpg

This copy I won off eBay for only 12.00

Picture416.jpg

Love this book!! :cloud9:

Picture420.jpg

Nothing above a 7.0, but I still love them.