• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Something tells me our GI is in trouble. A tank is coming directly at him and he decides to shoot at it head on with a small caliber machine gun while taking cover underneath a burning jeep piled high with ammunition. hm

Lovely pinks, btw. :cloud9: I assume it's a Newsboy by the general freshness and the distributor mark.

aamow48.jpg

Not exactly silver age but it is post code.I've been looking for this for a long time.Less than $50 on eBay.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

fox6.jpg

Cool book Jimbo, I've never seen or heard of that one before. Thanks for sharing! (thumbs u

I'd thought that I'd seen all the Foxholes. I can say for sure that I've never seen that one. Some of those are tough as nails. I'm thinkin' that's one of 'em. Love the Kirby on it.

Mick, I've had a really hard time getting any of these in VF shape... they just never show, and certainly not at prices I can afford when they do.

So, I'm living with solid mid-grade until I luck into upgrades. As we have spoken about before, patience and time man, patience and time....

Shep

Here's my copy.

7250.jpg

I'd love to get a higher grade copy but I've recently come to the realization that in some cases, it's better to have a copy rather than hope for a nicer one to come along. That's pretty much going to be my DC war comics aquisition mantra from now on.

gic80.jpg

gic87.jpg

gic91.jpg

I love them!!!! :banana: Thanks Shep! That #80 just made my day. :cloud9:

Andy

Wow Shep. Those are some awsome copies of three of my facorite G.I. Combats. Here's my GIC 80. Hopefully I can upgrade it one day (back cover has a lot more wear), but I'm happy to have this one until I do.

img465.jpg

Wow Shep. Those are some awsome copies of three of my facorite G.I. Combats. Here's my GIC 80. Hopefully I can upgrade it one day (back cover has a lot more wear), but I'm happy to have this one until I do.

img465.jpg

Very nice! I haven't even been able to find one that presents well.

Here's my copy.

7250.jpg

I'd love to get a higher grade copy but I've recently come to the realization that in some cases, it's better to have a copy rather than hope for a nicer one to come along. That's pretty much going to be my DC war comics aquisition mantra from now on.

That was my way of thinking for the second half of my collecting career, as waiting for high grade copies wasn't fun when you only get one comic a year.

Patience is fine and dandy, but if you don't have it and you want it...buy it and upgrade later. (thumbs u

Andy