• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,086 posts in this topic

Hello all, this is Keith Marlow. I saw an earlier comment that there was some discussion about the GIC #87 that was recently purchased. My buyer ID on e-bay is in fact ariel6618 and seller ID is comicsarefun1503 so I wanted everyone to know that. As noted, I have been buying DC war books and many others using this ID for several years. I did want to let everyone know again that I sold my comic collection through Heritage mainly to replenish my savings as much of it was lost because I worked for Enron and that I have two kids in college. When I purchased the OAAW #105 and #107 I thought that I would start rebuilding it then, but decided to turn those over to Heritage at the last minute and really in hindsight I should tried to hang on to more of the DC war keys. Like many of you, I have lost my share of auctions on e-bay. When I bid on the GIC #87, the price had already been run up to $2,000 and every now and then you have to take a chance on certain books. It appears that the book will grade around 8.0, so maybe I will get lucky.

My passion for collecting DC war is as strong as most of you, I just have not had time to particpate on the boards, but I will in the future. There was another comment that I am secretive which seems to have been out of left field. Anyway I will post some scans soon of recent additions and if anyone is going to the NYC Comic Con, I will be there as well and would enjoy meeting you.

Keith, :hi:

I've always liked you, until I heard your other e-bay ID was ariel6618 :o and

you sure are hard to beat on those special books that come around every

once in while. I'm only kidding of course and I'm so glad to know that's you

and you're still collecting like you once told me you will continue to do so

for life. :acclaim:

I just hope we see more of you around here and I think many members

have lots of questions regarding your collection, purchases on your

frequent business trips to other cities checking out Comic Shops looking

for the odd treasure. :wishluck:

Stick around the boards more often this time and it's great to hear from

you. (thumbs u

Good Luck on the GIC 87!! (thumbs u

Take care and Happy Collecting!! :acclaim:

fay :foryou:

Edited by Fazybones

Great issue! :applause:

But you're as bad as Dupcak! :kidaround:

img243.jpg

What is it about the G.I. Combat #80 that freaks me out in such a happy way?

The burning Me-109?

The perseverance of the tail gunner?

The hot-pink flashes of tracer?

Or is the Heathy greytone goodness that all of the above are so tastefully wrapped up in?

Perhaps, in the presence of such war comic majesty, it's best to not ask so many questions and just relish the view.

Still feeling beatnik,

Shep

The burning Me-109?

Or is the Heathy greytone goodness that all of the above are so tastefully wrapped up in?

Perhaps, in the presence of such war comic majesty, it's best to not ask so many questions and just relish the view.

Still feeling beatnik,

Shep

I think the Heath art is phenomenal but the colorist did unusual but excellent work (e.g. the greenish hue to gun cupola).

Edited by adamstrange

The burning Me-109?

Still feeling beatnik,

Shep

I think the Heath art is phenomenal but the colorist did unusual but excellent work (e.g. the greenish hue to gun cupola).

...and such a tough book to boot :gossip:

Andy

Got my scanner back up and running. Here are some pick ups going back a little while.

img244.jpg

I love this book :cloud9:along with all the others and watched you win

this Beauty before e-bay hid our ID's from each other. I had no idea how

much this book would go for and were you happy with the grade

the seller assigned. (shrug) It looks great from your scan. (thumbs u

Nice Pick-ups!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Got my scanner back up and running. Here are some pick ups going back a little while.

img244.jpg

I love this book :cloud9:along with all the others and watched you win

this Beauty before e-bay hid our ID's from each other. I had no idea how

much this book would go for and were you happy with the grade

the seller assigned. (shrug) It looks great from your scan. (thumbs u

Nice Pick-ups!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

I am happy with the grade assigned, but when I bid, I thought from the scan that it might have been in even higher grade. What killed me is it took a month to get and arrived in a tyvek mailer with only a couple comic backing boards. :pullhair: A month in the mail system in that packaging had to add some dings. :censored:

Hey Keith, I was meaning to ask you about your opinions when it came time to sell. I know that you sold many books on eBay before your huge Heritage auctions and I guess I was wondering how you felt about both venues. Have you sold elsewhere as well? Did you find you had decent sales on eBay, or not so good? It looked as though you did very well on many of the Heritage auctions, but not necessarily all of them. After the seller's commission, did you still feel that you did well? I hope I'm not prying too deep, I'm just gearing myself up to letting some books go and I'm not sure the best way to get the best buck. (shrug)

Thanks!

Andy

Andy, :hi:

I think I have a better idea for you and it involves a small suburb

of Vancouver called Burnaby and I swear you will get good prices

but the time payments over 10 years might not be to your liking. :insane:

Maybe just a few. :wishluck:

:foryou:

Hi All: Here are a few raw Western Penns

OFF74.jpg

OFF84.jpg

OFF94.jpg

OFF103.jpg

I Don't want to clog up the thread so I'll add more later if you guys want to see them.

Best, Tom

Want to see them! Want to see them!!!! :pullhair: