• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Hi All: Here are a few raw Western Penns

OFF74.jpg

OFF84.jpg

OFF94.jpg

OFF103.jpg

I Don't want to clog up the thread so I'll add more later if you guys want to see them.

Best, Tom

Nice! How'd you score those? I have the Western Penn on the Showcase 45 and 57 that came from Keith Contarino about 18 years ago. . .amongst the earliest war books I ever scored. Since then I have rarely seen ANY WPs come out of the woodwork. Is there a thread somewhere about those that explains numbers, titles, ranges, provenance, etc?

Comick: I received these and many others directly from the person that discovered the collection.

AAMW111.jpg

AAMW113.jpg

Best, Tom

:takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit:

:takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit:

:takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit::takeit:

Those are just great, great copies..... what a treat to see.

The OFFSs come around looking that nice now and then, but you NEVER see the AAMOWs looking newsstand tight.

Sweetazz...... keep 'em coming!

Shep

Thanks Shep: That's all folks! Except for the ones that I hastily sent to CGC before my new scanner arrived.

AAMOW: 102, 108, 110, 115

I'm hoping they come back in the 9.2- 9.6 range.

Some of these are going to FL also.

Best, Tom

All of them! I've been collecting for a very long time and this stuff sits in boxes and I don't have the appreciation for it that I once did. I would rather sell it to someone who would cherish it as I once did.

I do have some things that I will never sell but I am going to try and reduce the volume.

Best, Tom

Edited by linmoth

This might not be the exact right place to post this, but I don't think it's the wrong place either. I love this piece. I'm like Sir Mix-A-Lot...I'm hooked and I can't stop starin' (geez that was bad).

56493-heathOAAW92pga.jpg.fb74ce9723239832b76da1fd8752c844.jpg