• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,084 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I seem to have misplaced my Pedrin guide. :mad: Does it say anything about GI Combat 45 being a Rock prototype?

I don't have my Pedrin guide right in front of me either but I'm certain it lists GIC 45 as having a Rock prototype.

he's certain as am I (thumbs u

Andy

And yet the "bible",Overstreet, doesn't. doh!

Thanks guys. (worship)

Hey guys, I seem to have misplaced my Pedrin guide. :mad: Does it say anything about GI Combat 45 being a Rock prototype?

I don't have my Pedrin guide right in front of me either but I'm certain it lists GIC 45 as having a Rock prototype.

Andy

Thanks guys. (worship)

The Big 5 Guide should be better. Tons of original research into one small corner of the hobby should result in a more complete picture than a general guide could have. In fact, Overstreet has to be careful about appropriating copyright information from the Big 5 Guide.

Andy

Thanks guys. (worship)

The Big 5 Guide should be better. Tons of original research into one small corner of the hobby should result in a more complete picture than a general guide could have. In fact, Overstreet has to be careful about appropriating copyright information from the Big 5 Guide.

Ah yeah, I've never thought about that from a copyright standpoint. hm

Andy

It seems odd to me that OS seems to recognize other Rock protos but not GIC 45?

And can Pedrin copyright what is essentially his opinion about what is and is not a Rock prototype?

I don't know copyright law. Have no idea.

I aint no copyright lawyer, but I do know from my business law class that a collection of facts cannot be copyrighted. If Pedrin thinks that a certian issue is a "Rock prototype" and Overstreet agrees with him...where's the issue?

Bill

If that was the case they could be all over me for that excel spread sheet that I shoved in this forum with the list of all top 5 war books that had big 5 and some of the overstreet notes in it. Thats why I listed my sources. Plus not 100% sure on this but copyright laws extend or apply only if the person that copied the materials is selling the so called material. I think that what was said earlier about you can't copyright facts is pretty dead on.

Edited by Whisp

Dudes, is it me, or are there NEVER any war books for sale anymore in the selling thread here on the CGC boards?

There used to be something at least ever week where there were a couple of worthwhile books.... but is it a desert out there, or am I missing everything?

I think it might be time for a war sale.... gotta check what's in the doubles boxes.

Shep

well, I think we're all thinking the same thing at the same time.

I've got a handful of books for sale, including some keys.

Don't know how well they'll do here, but this is the first stop before eBay.

Probably not this weekend, though, but I will put in a plug. :shy:

Andy

I've got to do a serious book audit... I discovered that I have two pretty sharp copies of SSWS #138.... I bought the Curator copy off Nik last year, and totally forgot I had another one!

Hopefully, I'll trip over some more stuff for a good sale.

Sometime in the next week or so... I'll post a 24 hour heads up here first.

Shep

I've got to do a serious book audit... I discovered that I have two pretty sharp copies of SSWS #138.... I bought the Curator copy off Nik last year, and totally forgot I had another one!

Hopefully, I'll trip over some more stuff for a good sale.

Sometime in the next week or so... I'll post a 24 hour heads up here first.

Shep

Bout time we had a nice war sale around here! :banana:

Hey all,

Shamless plug here alert.....

Time for a war comics sale!

If all goes well, I'll be posting some war books (mostly from the 1970-1982 era, but no doubt a few silver age books will sneak in.) Probably 20 or 30 books, generally in VF.

Hoping to do the sale on Wednesday evening. I'll post a heads up here about an hour beforehand.

Thanks all,

Shep