• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,101 posts in this topic

Wow Fay ,

Im really sorry to hear that.I know how much you love those books.I guess bad things do happen to good people.

You should list the books on the boards.Im sure you will get much more.

Hope you dont have to sell.

One of your many friends.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

I can't sell on the boards until I fix one or both my computers

and I'm having trouble getting photos uploaded onto photo-bucket

and anytime I have to scroll on one computer it jams. I need a new

tower and it's an older computer. The other one which is fairly new

has no e-mail and the PM system doesn't seem to work.

I have another plan that I will find out on Tuedays if more of a sell

off is required. Thanks for your kind words.

:foryou:

Nope. Just not any activity. Apparently over-priced or everybody's squirreling away for some big purchases (at SD and the like). I'm going to bump it with X% off tomorrow, but anybody in this forum can have that discount early if it sweetens the deal a bit. PM with questions. Here's the link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=132545&Number=2508063#Post2508063

Man, Heath just NEVER drew anything less than a tour-de-force. Check out the crosshatching on the face of the dude in the forefront! Nobody did that like Heath. Great book Cap Freak!!!

Speaking of Heath, my 5 year-old daughter was reading some Bark's ducks [i'd bound in a hardcover volume] in the back of the car and noticed that there was an ad that kept coming up at the end of the all the issues (from the 70s). Any guesses which ad that was??

I know how you guys love your Russ Heath:

IMG_0007.jpg

Speaking of Heath, my 5 year-old daughter was reading some Bark's ducks [i'd bound in a hardcover volume] in the back of the car and noticed that there was an ad that kept coming up at the end of the all the issues (from the 70s). Any guesses which ad that was??

This one?

62933.jpg.b1300f53fdcdf57681661f2f3635d776.jpg

Edited by Jeffro

This one?

Probably the most used piece of artwork in comics history... and I think Russ said he got paid $75 for doing, and another $75 for the Revolutionary war version.

Man, I'd love to have the original art... but it's probably gone the way of 'Helen of Toy.'

Shep

This one?

Yup. Good guess, Jeff!

This one?

Probably the most used piece of artwork in comics history... and I think Russ said he got paid $75 for doing, and another $75 for the Revolutionary war version.

Man, I'd love to have the original art... but it's probably gone the way of 'Helen of Toy.'

Shep

So far as I know. Heath did a recreation -- it was posted in the OA Forum within the last couple months.

Since we're on the topic of Heath, here's a true "tour-de-force" IMHO. The detail on this one is phenomenal and I was giddy to get a decent copy. Too bad the interiors on these Navy books generally stink.

62994.jpg.d11521d1043c76caf1f4b07454709f39.jpg

Buttock,

That is just a SMOKIN' copy... I love those Heath cover Atlas war books.

I had about 30 Heath cover Atlas books, and sold most of them off a few years ago to expand my DC war collection.... seeing your copy makes me want to sit on the curb and have a good cry.

Nice one!

Shep

Since we're on the topic of Heath, here's a true "tour-de-force" IMHO. The detail on this one is phenomenal and I was giddy to get a decent copy. Too bad the interiors on these Navy books generally stink.

:o Wow Dan that is a Beauty and I've only seen that cover once and

your copy is better than the one on the Atlas site.

That book is incredible and what a cover!! :cloud9:

Well, some of them are in loving hands. You can take solace in that.

I forgot!! That's right... I think between you and Goldust, you got most of them. And Brent got the para covers.

You're right.. nice to know they went to good homes!

Shep