• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Well, some of them are in loving hands. You can take solace in that.

I forgot!! That's right... I think between you and Goldust, you got most of them. And Brent got the para covers.

You're right.. nice to know they went to good homes!

Shep

Then I bought some from Golddust....if only I had the good sense at the time to buy them all.

And CapFreek, try doing a search under the GA section for flamethrower covers. We had a thread in there a while back.

Which do you have?

I forgot!! That's right... I think between you and Goldust, you got most of them. And Brent got the para covers.

Shep

Then I bought some from Golddust....if only I had the good sense at the time to buy them all.

And CapFreek, try doing a search under the GA section for flamethrower covers. We had a thread in there a while back.

Which do you have?

I found the thread. I didn't realize there were so many. I only have US Marines 3, US Marines 7 and War 11 at the moment.

3 of the best!

I agree. Those are three of the best. I would love to have a high grade War #11, or heck even a pretty mid-grade.

Here is GIC Combat #118, not a bad flamethrower cover. This copy just got slabbed last week. 9.4 oww :banana:

045.jpg

Edited by MCMiles

3 of the best!

I agree. Those are three of the best. I would love to have a high grade War #11, or heck even a pretty mid-grade.

Here is GIC Combat #118, not a bad flamethrower cover. This copy just got slabbed last week. 9.4 oww :banana:

045.jpg

Nice books Mike and where do you always seem to find these

Beauties? (shrug) I've been looking for a GIC 118 for quite some

time and can't seem to find one in VF/NM or better.

Here are some more Atlas Russ Heath covers. :cloud9:

War23a-1-1.jpg

I would kill for a nice upgrade or maybe just pay some nice man a handful

of bills for FN+ copy. Beautiful artwork on the the faces of the

two battling it out with a knife and the jet age of Super Sabres

and Migs circling above. (thumbs u Just a classic cover.

Picture699.jpg

WarAction7Fine-5-1.jpg

And my latest DC addition from my good war buddy Andy and I love my

new upgrade. :cloud9: Thank you Andy. (worship)

AAMOW94fc.jpg

All in all I would just like to confirm that Russ Heath is pretty darn good

in my opinion. :luhv: HE RRROOOOCCCCKKKKKKSSSSS!!!!! :headbang:

How about A-1 #64 (Dogface Dooley 5)? For this one, you have to suspend the reality of flamethrowers and go with the suggestive part. Pretty cool book.

http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=344032&zoom=4

Shep

Which do you have?

I found the thread. I didn't realize there were so many. I only have US Marines 3, US Marines 7 and War 11 at the moment.

How about A-1 #64 (Dogface Dooley 5)? For this one, you have to suspend the reality of flamethrowers and go with the suggestive part. Pretty cool book.

http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=344032&zoom=4

While you're at it, you have to believe that a man can turn his head around like an owl!

That cover does crack me up though.

Jack

Guys, I would like to send out a huge public thank you to Comick1 for letting me drool over his beautiful war books for a few hours when I was in SD last weekend. I only wish I had more time. Maybe next year!

Thanks again Mick!

Brent

It was a kick, Brent! Glad you came by.

Guys, I would like to send out a huge public thank you to Comick1 for letting me drool over his beautiful war books for a few hours when I was in SD last weekend. I only wish I had more time. Maybe next year!

Thanks again Mick!

Brent

3 of the best!

WarAction7Fine-5-1.jpg

that is one sweet book, never seen that cover before!

I may be wrong on this, but I do believe that is the first Russ Heath war cover.

Shep

I think Battle 6 is probably the first. It was 1/52, while this is 10/52.

There are a few others that predate it (War Advs 4 & 5, Battlefield 2, Battlefront 1, Combat 1, 2, Men's Advs 13, Men in Action 3, and Battle Action 3), but I think Battle 6 was his first cover.

63067.jpg.ed8ba855c8e4713db44c8896bf2b1ec6.jpg