• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

img749.jpg

What a great book!!!! :applause:

Fay is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy up there as one of the best people to deal with on these boards. Lucky devil, you.

Psst....I've got a low grade copy plus cash to trade for that #49. :gossip:

Just got my package from Fay.

Along with money I needed to help to pay for this (Heritage win)

img748.jpg

I got this...

img749.jpg

Thank you Fay for crossing a tough book off of my list. (worship) You took me from not being able to find a nice copy, to having the highest graded copy :banana:

Thank you for working out a great deal for both of us. I wish everyone was as good to work with as you are. (worship):acclaim::applause::):banana::headbang: (thumbs u

You're too kind and I already miss my book, but got an incredible

book in exchange. It was a sweet deal. :cloud9:

Once again Congrats on your GIC 87 and thank you!! (thumbs u

Edited by Fazybones

So, I was going through a pile of what I like to call "oddball" war comics, and I came across this one. This red Korean just got plugged, while nearly sticking it to the US soldier. You rarely see violent covers anymore, at least for modern comics.

Pre-Code comics have many absolutely fantastic covers. This is kind of tame compared to many covers I've seen, but it's made me think about starting a thread in Comics General for the most graphic/violent cover.

So, if you've got any that blow this cover away, let's see them. If they're war, then you're welcome to post them here or the other thread. If they're war or whatever genre, then post them in the new thread in CG.

thisiswar6_edited.jpg

WHAT new thread in CG? I looked and didn't see anything war related.

So, I was going through a pile of what I like to call "oddball" war comics, and I came across this one. This red Korean just got plugged, while nearly sticking it to the US soldier. You rarely see violent covers anymore, at least for modern comics.

Pre-Code comics have many absolutely fantastic covers. This is kind of tame compared to many covers I've seen, but it's made me think about starting a thread in Comics General for the most graphic/violent cover.

So, if you've got any that blow this cover away, let's see them. If they're war, then you're welcome to post them here or the other thread. If they're war or whatever genre, then post them in the new thread in CG.

thisiswar6_edited.jpg

That Battle Album's a beauty!!!

As far as original art goes, I would LOVE to have a Norman Maurer Medal of Honor page... I know of only one that has come to market in the past 5 years, and I wasn't able to get it.

Anyone ever sees one....

Shep

Hey everyone,

War comic sale tonight, starting at around 9pm. I wish I could do it sooner, but I have to scan, grade and price a stack of books.

Gonna be some good stuff. Mostly bronze, but there will be a nice smattering of Silver age.

See you tonight.

Shep

Had this awhile but just never scanned it. Was CGC 9.4 white and now cracked out.

Ken

gicombat113.jpg

You collect high grade war comics as well as all of your other cool stuff! :pullhair:

Along with the latest Trooper books I bought (check my thread) I picked this one up for its cool cover

ManComics24-1.jpg

What a great great cover. I love how the cover shows motion with the upside down commie soldier.

I am baffled by this cover.

Were the two GIs hiding out under the rope bridge, now they're dangling by ropes with one hand while machine-gunning with the other hand an entire commie platoon one at a time as they try to cross the bridge? The bottom guy seems to be more floating than hanging on. Is that a tank about to cross the rope bridge? Entire barges of commie troops about a mile below on the river?

What am I missing?

Jack

it probably would have been clearer with a blue sky... the black confuses the image.

Quite right. I forgot to mention that it's pitch black overhead and broad daylight on the river!

I also am puzzled how the Commie falling in the foreground got past the Super-GIs. His companions all got picked off long before they got that far.

Jack

Edited by selegue