• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

And again, I'm looking for most intense, though the most intense are sometimes the best too.

I'm interpreting "intense" broadly and the stories I cited were ones that were psychologically intense, not necessarily intense in terms of action, looming danger or explicit violence. Thinking about, all would probably be more intense on subsequent readings than the first.

As soon as I saw the Romans on page one of Dirty Job today I remembered what it was. Fantastic story. Wonder who has the original art for page four?

There's a very early Hemingway story on the same theme.

http://www.enotes.com/today-is-friday/

That AAMOW 14 filled in a mini run...

(for bill977's want-list)

aamow12.jpg

Wow, that looks better than an 8.0. You'd best not crack that and try to sell it at a higher grade because then you'd be worse than Hitler, Genghis Khan, and Vlad the Impaler all rolled together. (tsk) That 8.0 is sacrosanct and can never, never ever, never ever ever under any circumstances, ever be changed. You will be assimilated, resistance to the CGC is futile. Your grading opinions will be added to their own. Don't forget that mister.

Everytime I see a Salida I die a little more inside.

This makes a little nervous to share this scan. :eek:

OAAW46.jpg

Been outta the loop for awhile. Adding my vote to OFF #40 for "The Silent Ones." Great story. OAAW 90 with Sgt. Rock's stripes story is also a classic. Toth and Goodwin's "White Devil, Yellow Devil" is definitely among the best. I also like Kanigher's "Horse Soldiers" drawn by Ric Estrada (not sure which issue). I also like Glanzman's "Color Me Brave" installment of U.S.S. Stevens. Super intense story with a twist ending that'll make you really think.

Edited by Comick1

For me, Atlas war books are still largely Terra Incognita.... I have a few dozen, mostly Heath interiors and covers, but there are so many that I have never even seen... in fact, I'm sure there are titles I am completely unaware of. No doubt, there are some gems scattered throughout those runs.

BTW, been picking up some great stuff lately. I'm up to my neck with work these days, but I will make some scans next week and post some cool stuff!

Thanks

Shep

That AAMOW 14 filled in a mini run...

(for bill977's want-list)

aamow12.jpg

Wow, that looks better than an 8.0. You'd best not crack that and try to sell it at a higher grade because then you'd be worse than Hitler, Genghis Khan, and Vlad the Impaler all rolled together. (tsk) That 8.0 is sacrosanct and can never, never ever, never ever ever under any circumstances, ever be changed. You will be assimilated, resistance to the CGC is futile. Your grading opinions will be added to their own. Don't forget that mister.

Heck, even the suggestion will get you labeled with the scarlett U - UNETHICAL. doh!

Scarlett wearing scarlet dress

scarlett.jpg

:o

For a second there I thought I was in comics general....and I was glad!

That post serves to illustrate the transcendent fulfillment that comes from learning. :cloud9:

Scarlett wearing scarlet dress

scarlett.jpg

For some strange reason I can't focus on her dress. :blush:

Those are some interesting earrings.

scarlett.jpg

:bump:

I guess even the war boards deserves a treat once in a while. (thumbs u

Speaking of treats. :luhv:

daniel-craig-workout.jpg

Did any of you see this baby on e-bay auctioned for 372.00 last Sunday?

Love this cover and wish I had the cash at the time.

OFF25CGC80White.jpg