• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Hey Fay,

Yeah, that was a nice auction - I bid on one book, but got sniped. The one I REALLY wish I had the dough for was the highest graded copy of Our Fighting Forces #10, which I think is the toughest book to get in almost the entire run.

Just scored some SWEET Atlas war that I will try and scan and post this weekend.

Shep

Hey Fay,

Yeah, that was a nice auction - I bid on one book, but got sniped. The one I REALLY wish I had the dough for was the highest graded copy of Our Fighting Forces #10, which I think is the toughest book to get in almost the entire run.

Just scored some SWEET Atlas war that I will try and scan and post this weekend.

Shep

:o(worship)

Hey Fay,

Shep

Sorry to hear about the OFF 10 and can't wait to see the Atlas War books

you scored. I hate to ask and were they a Shep e-bay special? We still need

to find an awesome story from Atlas for Marc's project.

Those books I bought from Dale arrived today and these two are the nicest in

hand with excellent gloss, colors and very nice pages. :cloud9:

BattleFront27-Heath.jpg

Combat5-Heath.jpg

Those are awesome, Fay!

I had a pretty nice collection of Atlas war books, but a few years back I sold them all to pursue a collection of DC war books that came up. While I didn't regret the switch-out, I did tell myself that one day I would rebuild that collection...

So over the past few months, I have been able to reacquire the core of that collection, thanks to ebay and especially thanks to the help of a couple of boardmembers (Thanks Buttock and Phil - you guys are awesome!) I wasn't going to post these, as I tend to keep my postings DC-centric, but I realized one of the things I love most on these boards is seeing other people's books, and sharing my own.

Also, found some on ebay too, but I have not been as lucky at getting the ebay specials on these. Still very hard to find a lot of these books.

NavyAction4.jpg

Those are awesome Shep and it's hard to beat War Comics 11 IMO.

I was shocked you missed out on those River City Atlas war books and

wasn't one a Russ Heath cover. Of course quick fingers Dan scored one

or two and those were great pick-ups. :applause: :applause:

I had to purchase insurance for that POS company car May 1st and get

my power steering fixed so I could only watch some pretty nice War books

go by over this last week or so. :cry:

ahem, getting back to war comics... Here is a recent pick up from Metro.

AAMW_74.jpg

I had been looking for this one in nice condition for quite a long time. As I do enjoy fantasy stories, I always thought that the Kanigher's Minute Commandos would have made a smashing back-up feature in SSWS while they were running the War that Time Forgot.

AAMW_74.jpg

Killer! (worship) (thumbs u

Agreed... I love that book! I find many of those AAMOW issues in the 70s to be tough to find in nicer grade!

I really enjoyed those kind of oddball stories - another favorite was 'Goliath of the Western Front!'. Love that one.

Shep