• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Thanks guys,

Before I continue on with my short stack of GIC's, I have this book.

# 107 February 1965. Pencils by Irv Norvick. This ones marred by a bit more writing, and alas is my only AAMOW to date. hm

AAMOW_107.jpg

so you are saying,your not hooked yet and have to have them all,likw somo of us addicts? lol

I have been slowly working on collecting G. I. Combat, since Kubert is one of may favorite artists.

GI_Combat_111.jpg

Nice one!

(thumbs u

Thanks Hepcat & Bill977.

I was able to obtain this one from a LCS a few years ago. The shop had just received a large influx of comics, evidently from one collector. Many of the books have the name "Sue", or the letters "S", "gn" or T" on the cover. At any rate the books tend to be pretty nice except for the lettering. Does anyone enjoy the Charlton war books? I have a few of those plus more GIC, a handful of the other big 5 titles, and a few Sgt Fury's also.

Charlton war can be a lot of fun to read as well. I've got stacks of them that I haven't looked at in years. Perhaps I'll pull them out soon? hm

I have been slowly working on collecting G. I. Combat, since Kubert is one of may favorite artists.

GI_Combat_111.jpg

Nice one!

(thumbs u

Thanks Hepcat & Bill977.

I was able to obtain this one from a LCS a few years ago. The shop had just received a large influx of comics, evidently from one collector. Many of the books have the name "Sue", or the letters "S", "gn" or T" on the cover. At any rate the books tend to be pretty nice except for the lettering. Does anyone enjoy the Charlton war books? I have a few of those plus more GIC, a handful of the other big 5 titles, and a few Sgt Fury's also.

Charlton war can be a lot of fun to read as well. I've got stacks of them that I haven't looked at in years. Perhaps I'll pull them out soon? hm

It appears there is no real consensus for Charlton books at this juncture. (shrug)

#120 A couple of thought on this issue. The pesky Tiger is too damm big, and the smiling german tank commander needs an attitude adjustment. lol

GIC_120.jpg

There are some great books coming up in auction from Heritage. Below, I made some links to a few of them. I think they're Keith Marlow's books, but I'm not sure. They haven't added the descriptions yet on these ones. Whatever, doesn't matter who owns them, they are kick-! :headbang:

OAAW 2 CGC 7.5 Carson City

GIC 91 CGC 8.0

GIC 98 CGC 8.0

OAAW 109 CGC 9.0

Brave and the Bold 52 CGC 9.0

GIC 83 CGC 9.2

OAAW 135 CGC 9.4

OAAW 107 CGC 9.4

GIC 99 CGC 9.4

GIC 94 CGC 9.4

OAAW 119 CGC 9.4 Savannah

OAAW 123 CGC 9.4 Savannah

OAAW 128 CGC 9.4 Savannah

OAAW 117 CGC 9.4 Savannah

OAAW 168 CGC 9.6

OAAW 118 CGC 9.6 Savannah

OAAW 177 CGC 9.8 Boston

There are some great books coming up in auction from Heritage. Below, I made some links to a few of them. I think they're Keith Marlow's books, but I'm not sure. They haven't added the descriptions yet on these ones. Whatever, doesn't matter who owns them, they are kick-! :headbang:

GIC 91 CGC 8.0

GIC 98 CGC 8.0

OAAW 109 CGC 9.0

GIC 83 CGC 9.2

OAAW 135 CGC 9.4

OAAW 107 CGC 9.4

GIC 99 CGC 9.4

GIC 94 CGC 9.4

OAAW 168 CGC 9.6

OAAW 177 CGC 9.8 Boston

Some Sweet books. Too Sweet! Need some books that aren't quite so high grade.

GIC 91 CGC 8.0

GIC 98 CGC 8.0

OAAW 109 CGC 9.0

GIC 83 CGC 9.2

OAAW 135 CGC 9.4

OAAW 107 CGC 9.4

GIC 99 CGC 9.4

GIC 94 CGC 9.4

OAAW 168 CGC 9.6

OAAW 177 CGC 9.8 Boston

Thanks for the heads up Andy!

That GIC #91 looks just amazing....

Maybe it's the huge scans accentuating the flaws, but looking at some of those books, I don't think I agree with the grades. That OAAW 118 looks like one of the uglier 9.6s I've seen.

Yeah, Shep, the GIC 91 is a beaut! I've got my eye on the GIC 83, though. It'll be really interesting to see what these go for. :popcorn:

I think that the prices on the sub-9.0 stuff will be pretty good.

But I'm usually wrong on these things! :cry:

BTW, got the books - sweetazz as always!

Yeah, Shep, the GIC 91 is a beaut! I've got my eye on the GIC 83, though. It'll be really interesting to see what these go for. :popcorn:

I think that the prices on the sub-9.0 stuff will be pretty good.

But I'm usually wrong on these things! :cry:

BTW, got the books - sweetazz as always!

:headbang:

One thing that this release from Keith Marlow reinforces to me is that GIC 93 may be the toughest of them all in grade. 80 is a bear, and may not exist above 8.0, 91 is tough, but not impossible (4 in 8.0), but 93 is just not out there. Highest census is a 7.5, and I don't know ANYONE else with a HG copy. Anyone know of any out there?

I think 88 is the only other without a copy in 8.0 or higher.

Wow, I've never really scanned the census to see the toughest of that washtone group. Big surprise that it is #93. :o I always knew that #80 is as tough as nails and there's definitely some others, but 93? Huh!