• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

I recently sold my hg OAW 168, but picked this up shortly after. Still kind of kicking myself over the 168 doh! , but this is some consolation...

scan0038-1.jpg

Beautiful, I'd rather have this than the 168 any day! Nice one.

Thank u! I think this book is better, as far as significance, but I love the cover on the 168.

I recently sold my hg OAW 168, but picked this up shortly after. Still kind of kicking myself over the 168 doh! , but this is some consolation...

scan0038-1.jpg

gotta agree! (thumbs u

scan0038-1.jpg

gotta agree! (thumbs u

The 151 is a billion times more significant. And dåmned tough in that grade, too. I've seen a couple raw stunners, but that's tied for top census so that's definitely one of the nicest there is. Bravo, dude.

The 151 is a billion times more significant. And dåmned tough in that grade, too. I've seen a couple raw stunners, but that's tied for top census so that's definitely one of the nicest there is. Bravo, dude.

You know, I have to wonder if people were saying that about OAAW 81 before 83 was declared the true first appearance.

Hi guys and gals!

I've started another nomination thread for the 3rd DC War Comic Cover Survivor Series. If you've got some great covers in mind, please post them to that thread. I know that all of you have some in mind, so please travel over to Comic General :eek: and start posting some great covers in the thread linked below.

Thanks ever so much! (worship)

Andy

Best DC war comic cover nomination thread

It appears the 3 Nazi soldiers next to the tank have not spotted Sgt Fury and company. :whistle:

SgtF_A4.jpg

One thing you could never question was the courage of the Howling Commandos. Their sanity, yes, their courage, no. At least Sgt. Rock & Easy Co. were portrayed as sweating in the face of tanks but not so the Howling Commandos, no sireee!

(shrug)

Heads up all.

Cooking up a little war comics sale tomorrow. Aside from a smattering of nice and affordable DC war books, there will also be a very nice Pedrin Guide to the Big 5, and a complete and quite rare Helen of Toy 'Tank Trap' set.

Not sure what time it's getting started. I'll post an update once I get all my scanning done.

Thanks!

Shep

Heads up all.

Cooking up a little war comics sale tomorrow. Aside from a smattering of nice and affordable DC war books, there will also be a very nice Pedrin Guide to the Big 5, and a complete and quite rare Helen of Toy 'Tank Trap' set.

Not sure what time it's getting started. I'll post an update once I get all my scanning done.

Thanks!

Shep

Sounds great Shep and I need a Chris Pedrin Guide after donating my

copy I received from Lizards2 at one of our fundraisers. I wish I had the

coin on hand and I might have to pass. :cry::mad:

I finally found a nice copy of one of my favorite DC War greytone covers

thanks to October.

CaptStrom894.jpg

Thanks Andy for running the survivor series in CG on DC War. (worship)

Heads up all.

Thanks!

Shep

Sounds great Shep and I need a Chris Pedrin Guide after donating my

copy I received from Lizards2 at one of our fundraisers. I wish I had the

coin on hand and I might have to pass. :cry::mad:

I finally found a nice copy of one of my favorite DC War greytone covers

thanks to October.

CaptStrom894.jpg

Thanks Andy for running the survivor series in CG on DC War. (worship)

My pleasure. (thumbs u

Make sure you post this cover of Cpt. Storm, I can't recall if it's been nominated or not. Last chance for all of us, actually. I'll take all the books posted up until tomorrow night.

Thanks for posting your faves, as well, friends. :applause:

Andy