• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,086 posts in this topic

Guys, I have to invite you to the Massive DC thread in progress on the Boards. There are the G.I. Combat books my son and I unearthed. It is the highest graded G.I. Combat collection probably ever found (no kidding). Issues 79 thru 98 (approx). Some could be 9.6s. Enjoy!

Is an OMG appropriate here? (worship)

Fantastic OAAW 99, and the 700th page of this thread!! :cloud9:

p51_WWI.gif

I thought this might be of interest to readers of this thread as it describes a flight on a B-17:

http://boingboing.net/2011/11/25/a-flight-on-a-b-17.html#more-131398

Sorry to go in a different direction with this thread but on the collection side for DC War books .... are we noticing a change to the access of inventory ? ... ie. seems like more books are coming out the past few months than in years past ?

I just saw another GI Combat#68 get listed on CLink today, and OAAW#81 are being offered for sale in all grades now. These books hardly came up for sale for years - do others think now is the right time to sell as the market for this category is starting to heat up ?

There are still some tough ones out there though such as SSWS#84 and 90, OFF#45, etc.

I also read the article on the B-17 flight, that was great. I remember visiting the air Musuem in Tuscon about 20 years ago. That kept me busy for 2-3 hours. Across the street and stretching seemingly for miles, was about 1/2 of the U.S. aircraft used in WWII. Forty thousand planes if I recall correctly.

Hope no one minds an occasional Charlton. :tonofbricks:

I didn't think so. lol

yosemite_sam.jpg

Sub_attack_54.jpg

I also read the article on the B-17 flight, that was great. I remember visiting the air Musuem in Tuscon about 20 years ago. That kept me busy for 2-3 hours. Across the street and stretching seemingly for miles, was about 1/2 of the U.S. aircraft used in WWII. Forty thousand planes if I recall correctly.

WOW! :o If I went there, it would by like dying and going to heaven.

Ok, maybe not, but it would still be overwhelmingly cool.

WOW! :o If I went there, it would by like dying and going to heaven.

Ok, maybe not, but it would still be overwhelmingly cool.

Thanks,

I remembered I had taken some photos during my visit. :grin:

One thing that struck me was how many planes you could see in the fields in person, versus how few show up in the photo. You still might be able to get a glimmer of it if you havent visited there in person. The musuem also had a mockup of the X-15 and a few jets also.

Tuscon air museum circa 1990.

Lets start with the inside.

TUSC_1.jpg

Followed by a few outside shots. B-17 Sentimental Journey

TUSC_2.jpg

Link to the Tuscon Air Museum http://www.azcaf.org/pages/sentjourn.html