• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

I dropped out of ROTC and stopped collecting Sgt. Rock at about the same time but I did like that Kubert art.

I had an original page from OAAW 149 but gave it away (sold for $20) to Dave Reynolds.  My new scanner does a better job picking up the color (HP8020). :banana:

51306637266_b7fc7382ca_b.jpg

I think the DC artists spent some time studying the structure of tanks used in WWII.

The movie, Battle of the Bulge, eg., tanks were sometimes inaccurate.  For B of the B, the Germans drove M-49 Patton tanks and called them Tigers.  I think they had a lot of those tanks available and not so many Tigers which were destroyed by Russian T-34s.

24297289046_cb49dbc737_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

On 8/12/2021 at 11:09 AM, comick1 said:

I’m pasting this in from a FB post by my friend, Steve Fears:

<<Just wanted to mention that my writing partner, Richard J. Arndt, and I are coming out with a book, OUR ARTISTS AT WAR, in late October/early November.  It covers the important creators and creations of war comics from the 1950s to the present.  It will be published by TwoMorrows Publications and will be a great book in my opinion.  We put a lot of work into this book.  Lots of research and art images.  You can find it on Amazon and the TwoMorrows Publications web sites.  Only $27.95 for a softcover book.  For you comics and war comics fans, you'll find this to be an enlightening and informative book.  Help support this project by getting a copy for your home library collection.  Thank you,  Steven Fears.>>

EFDD2532-CA09-4446-AE1D-BB55401EBC1E.jpeg

Looks great Mick! Thanks!

On 11/13/2020 at 12:36 PM, Jeffro. said:

A few Atlas.

I had a much lower grade copy of this for years and one day sold it along with a bunch of other Atlas war. Never thought I'd ever see a higher grade copy never mind actually be able to buy it.

BATTLEGROUND14.jpg

gorgeous!