• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You ever have a little thing make you wanna flip out?

56 posts in this topic

I win 7 comics individually, 6 books at .99, 1 at $1.25, and the guy (eBay seller fulci36) wants $9 to ship them first class from WVA to VA. Dude is the opposite of being interested in pleasing the customer.

He knows it costs $4. He thinks its ok to make money on shipping. He says, "well, you won the books for $1 each, so in the end you'll be paying $2 a book, you are ripping ME off! I said it was $3 in the auction, I could be charging you $21, but I'm being nice!"

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

I win 7 comics individually, 6 books at .99, 1 at $1.25, and the guy (eBay seller fulci36) wants $9 to ship them first class from WVA to VA. Dude is the opposite of being interested in pleasing the customer.

He knows it costs $4. He thinks its ok to make money on shipping. He says, "well, you won the books for $1 each, so in the end you'll be paying $2 a book, you are ripping ME off! I said it was $3 in the auction, I could be charging you $21, but I'm being nice!"

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Did he list a handling charge per auction in his terms and conditions? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He said $3 in each auction. He listed very little else. He says he has a policy of charging $1 per comic after the first auction, but this policy isn't in his auctions.

There is virtually no way shippin comics from WVA to VA can ever cost $9. Especially if you ship first class. There is no excusing triple billing for shipping.

He said $3 in each auction. He listed very little else. He says he has a policy of charging $1 per comic after the first auction, but this policy isn't in his auctions.

There is virtually no way shippin comics from WVA to VA can ever cost $9. Especially if you ship first class. There is no excusing triple billing for shipping.

You know what's going to happen though -- whether you pay the excess shipping or not, he'll stick them in a manilla envelope with no support and they'll be thrashed when you get them. frown.gif

Then he's a crook and should be reported to ebay for inflated postage costs. If he had stated under his terms and conditions that he would be charging a handling fee per auction then he would be legit.

You know what's going to happen though -- whether you pay the excess shipping or not, he'll stick them in a manilla envelope with no support and they'll be thrashed when you get them. frown.gif

You know thats the thing that really 893censored-thumb.gif me about the 1 cent auction shipping profiteers. Look I know they are setting up their auctions to circumvent EBAY fees and if EBAY is to lazy to shut them down well what can I do about it. I just look at it like the Heritage BP and adjust my bids.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT what really kills me is when I win 3-4 books for 25 cents and then pay $12 for shipping and they ship the books, no bagsm no boards, media for $0.85. Hey I'll pay the HUGE over charge on shipping but at least gimme a bag, board and some 893censored-thumb.gif cardboard, all of which cost next to nothing.

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Then he's a crook and should be reported to ebay for inflated postage costs. If he had stated under his terms and conditions that he would be charging a handling fee per auction then he would be legit.

yes, if he listed it, then you could avoid him knowing he's a shipping profiteer. but it doesn't change that its just a just plain crappy thing to do.

You know, shipping costs you $4 and you charge me $5.50, big deal. you gotta pay for tape, cardboard, gas to the post office, whatever, plenty of excuses and its really not a big deal. But $9...and to tell me you could charge me $21 and there'd be nothing wrong with it. To tell me I'm looking to get something for nothing by offering to pay $7...

Ebay won't care a bit. I reported a seller I feuded with who charged $11 for a copy of the USM Chicago sketch variant that she sent in a plain paper envelope with no bagging, boarding, etc. for a total of 85 cents, arriving mauled. Ebay justified her to me, saying that sellers can include "handling" in their fees, and they were sorry I'd had an unpleasant experience.

Just neg them after you get your books................

..ummmm...but then he'll get a retaliatory neg. Some people don't like that. You could wait 60 days.....then he won't be able to neg you back.

...or is it 90 days....can't remember now. confused.gif

Anyone?

You ever have a little thing make you wanna flip out?

I guess comic geeks are used to flipping out little things... blush.gif

Shipping over-charges sucks. 893censored-thumb.gif

You know thats the thing that really 893censored-thumb.gif me about the 1 cent auction shipping profiteers. Look I know they are setting up their auctions to circumvent EBAY fees and if EBAY is to lazy to shut them down well what can I do about it. I just look at it like the Heritage BP and adjust my bids.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT what really kills me is when I win 3-4 books for 25 cents and then pay $12 for shipping and they ship the books, no bagsm no boards, media for $0.85. Hey I'll pay the HUGE over charge on shipping but at least gimme a bag, board and some 893censored-thumb.gif cardboard, all of which cost next to nothing.

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

I'm kind of scratching my head over all this. The clear answer seems to be don't buy nickel and dime books over the internet, unless it's a trustworthy seller who you know won't rip you off on shipping and will pack the books securely.

We're talking about books that cost less than $2 each, right? By definition, they can't be too rare, so buy them at a LCS or at a con.

Get used to the pinhead sellers on eBay. It takes time and experience to skip through those listings. It took me about 6 months to become proficient. I can tell which auctions to bid on and which ones to skip. I buy a lot on eBay.

CAL hi.gif

I you want them just tell the guy to ship them in a box and what not..atleast then you will get them in the same shape. If they dont arrive in a box or mangled just return to sender and file a claim with your credit card...what not to do....get on the internet and whine about it...it's a ripoff, we get it...paying too much for shipping sucks...deal with it...

...what not to do....get on the internet and whine about it...it's a ripoff, we get it...paying too much for shipping sucks...deal with it...

893censored-thumb.gif

I won't be buying the books. He won't be reasonable and I won't be ripped off. My perfect eBay feedback record be damned. I've done most of the selling I'll do on eBay for awhile. I'd guess that before I do any more I'll have any negs he might leave pushed off the first page, and that's all that really matters with 99%+ feedback.

"He knows it costs $4."

Actually, I think $4.20 with Delivery Confirmation from that distance, but it would be more cross country. 7 comics weighs way too much for first class, It might actually be over 2 pounds total (if bagged and boarded and packed well in a box for instance), in which case postage (which at that rate will be priority) will be more. Not $9 or close to, but more. If each comic is bagged and boarded I suppose $6-$7 wouldn't be outrageous if he goes over 2 lbs and does a good job packing. Of course, what he'll do is ship it media for less than $3.

Of course, I'm not particularly familiar with the books you've won, but other than maybe a variant or two (don't know anything about them) they're not really expensive books you snagged so cheap that he should be too ticked off. Most of the IDW stuff I see in 50 cent and dollar boxes. Sure, by then they mostly have a ding or two and aren't NM anymore. But if he didn't want to make just 99 cents on them, he should have made them $2-$3, simple enough.

What irks me is sellers who make a bad decision, list something too cheap, and then get upset when you win because you're the only bidder. Who is going to get into a bidding war over some IDW horror book that came out last year or whatever?

Well I agree the guy is charging a bit more for shipping than he should, and it would upset me a little, but in the end I would recognize that I am still getting a good deal and pay the bill. Think about it: you are making a big deal over 5 dollars tops. Pay the bill, and then never buy from that seller again. Leave positive feedback to by the way, the seller did meet the terms stated in his auction.

Artboy99

...what not to do....get on the internet and whine about it...it's a ripoff, we get it...paying too much for shipping sucks...deal with it...

893censored-thumb.gif

I won't be buying the books. He won't be reasonable and I won't be ripped off. My perfect eBay feedback record be damned. I've done most of the selling I'll do on eBay for awhile. I'd guess that before I do any more I'll have any negs he might leave pushed off the first page, and that's all that really matters with 99%+ feedback.

that's awesome. I am actually very happy to hear this...I take back my whining comment. You are doing exactly what you should be doing and I commend that...not that you need me to or anything, but I do. Most of the time you see this type of thread the person either pays the high priced shipping and leaves a positive or complains enough to get a lower shipping price and then leaves a positive, neither of which help anyone. Congrats on doing the right thing and probably wearing those negs like a badge of honor... 893applaud-thumb.gif