• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoping to BUY an exhibitor badge for SD Comicon-anyone have a spare?

26 posts in this topic

I just got the Convention Binder actually....

The map says there are at least 5 lounge areas on the convention floor... but those are just the tables/chair areas you're used to seeing.

I personally like the mezzanine area and the deck that's outside on the water side.

People also hang out under the sails.

Hanging out on the con floor becomes an expensive proposition when you're talking cost per square foot...

I was on the Rebel Scum forums today, looking to see what the buzz was surrounding this year's Star Wars exclusives. In a thread about the ACME Darth Sidious Character Key animation cel, a bunch of people are urging ACME to not only limit it to 1 per customer, but also one per exhibitor booth, to prevent exhibitors from sending all their employees to the booth to buy a bunch for resale. This will make me very mad if, because I bought an exhibitor badge, I'm denied some exclusives.

Anyone heard of companies doing this?

I don't know about companies, but I know that Adam Hughes won't let anyone with an exhibitor badge get a sketch confused-smiley-013.gif Kind of sucks because I'd really like one, but I also have an exhibitor badge. Oh well... someone else will take my money thumbsup2.gif

I don't know about companies, but I know that Adam Hughes won't let anyone with an exhibitor badge get a sketch confused-smiley-013.gif Kind of sucks because I'd really like one, but I also have an exhibitor badge. Oh well... someone else will take my money thumbsup2.gif

Just swap your exhibitor badge for someone else`s regular badge during the time you need to get a sketch or pick one of these freebies. confused-smiley-013.gif

I was on the Rebel Scum forums today, looking to see what the buzz was surrounding this year's Star Wars exclusives. In a thread about the ACME Darth Sidious Character Key animation cel, a bunch of people are urging ACME to not only limit it to 1 per customer, but also one per exhibitor booth, to prevent exhibitors from sending all their employees to the booth to buy a bunch for resale. This will make me very mad if, because I bought an exhibitor badge, I'm denied some exclusives.

Anyone heard of companies doing this?

Yes, I know every year some companies only sell the exclusives to non-exhibitor badge holders. Seemed to be pretty common..... Even the ones where you had to enter a raffle to win the right to buy an exclusive limited it to non-exhibitor badge holders.

Maybe I'll have to buy a regular 1-day pass for Thursday, to get all the exclusives I want. Suddenly, my excitement for Comicon is overshadowed by worry that I won't be able to buy much. Can anyone make me feel better with their story of having an exhibitor badge in the past, and not had any trouble buying exclusives? Otherwise, I'm considering shelling out another $65 for a non-exhibitor badge.